New Skywest Jet Announcement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
miles otoole said:
Not sure where you get you info that 100% match is not uncommon. I have never heard of 100% match from surveying 10-12 buddies in the non-av world. I doubt you could name a single universally recognized company with 100% match.

Definitely not common. But I worked for a company that matched 100% up to the legal max (I think it was 7k/7k at the time). This was and is an unusual company (5000+ employees but still run like the owner cared about them).
And somehow aviation seemed like a good career change......

Hey Crossky, was the company's 401k contribution higher before the 2003 concessionary contract? Just curious...

SPDBRD747400 said:
Couldn't have said it any better! In a few years it'll be 737's at Skywest for 50-seat rates...yippie!!! When will it ever stop??? Wake up guys your bringing the industry down!

You all are bring the industry down..50 seat should pay 100 an hour at year 5. 70 seat should pay 115 at year 5. 90 seat 130 at year 5...NW pilots made 130 an hour for the DC9-10..100 seats. until you guys stand up and walk out for better pay,it will never get any better, but salt lake is nice in the winter,i guess that is something.....

The CRJ900 combines excellent performance and passenger comfort.

Why...OH WHY! do they say this. Its a p.o.s CRJ!! It's cramped, its uncomftorable and those who have ridden on it know it. No disrespect to yall flying it. Just hate the media thats all. No comparison to the mighty E-170 - E-190 series. :beer: Sorry, had to through that in there!

Enjoy! Congrats on the new flying!

EMB170Pilot said:
The CRJ900 combines excellent performance and passenger comfort.

Why...OH WHY! do they say this. Its a p.o.s CRJ!! It's cramped, its uncomftorable and those who have ridden on it know it. No disrespect to yall flying it. Just hate the media thats all. No comparison to the mighty E-170 - E-190 series. :beer: Sorry, had to through that in there!

Enjoy! Congrats on the new flying!

The mighty e170,e190 at C172 pay...way to go...

sweptback said:
Which is all the more reason we need a higher 401(k) match. I don't see what the argument is about.

Who doesn't want more? The argument is that SkyWest's 401K match is meager. Dollar for dollar up to 6% is far from meager and is in fact more than most companies match.

Crossky said:
Air Wis current 401K match is 50% up to 4% of salary (pilot contributes 8%, company kicks in 4%).

Assuming a salary of 50K for the sake of argument, the pilot at ZW kicks in $4000 and the company puts in $2000. The Skywest guy (or gal) puts in $3000 and the company puts in $3000. The end result is the same. The max you and company can contribute is $15000. I don't think you're going to see any company match dollar for dollar up to 15%.

miles otoole said:
Standard in MOST companies in the U.S. is 50% of 6% according to the following:
"The standard match for companies is 50% up to 6%. That means for every dollar your employee contributes up to 6% of their pay, you will contribute fifty cents, increasing your employees returns by 50%.
Most companies match between twenty-five cents and fifty cents on the dollar."
Not sure where you get you info that 100% match is not uncommon. I have never heard of 100% match from surveying 10-12 buddies in the non-av world. I doubt you could name a single universally recognized company with 100% match.

Exactly my point. We're already getting more than what is considered standard. Asking for and getting more is not going to happen.

xpdriver said:
You all are bring the industry down..50 seat should pay 100 an hour at year 5. 70 seat should pay 115 at year 5. 90 seat 130 at year 5...NW pilots made 130 an hour for the DC9-10..100 seats. until you guys stand up and walk out for better pay,it will never get any better, but salt lake is nice in the winter,i guess that is something.....

The key word in your whole post was MADE 130 an hour. What are they making now with all the pay concessions?

Last edited:
The key word in your whole post was MADE 130 an hour. What are they making now with all the pay concessions?[/quote]

Thats right, but they will be back up to that level on day. And as long as you guys are willing to fly those rj s at low rates it may not come back up. Also that is how you justify your pay because they took pay cuts..PLEASE You guys will always be at substandard level because you have to many guys that think that flying a E190 IS COOL and you don't think past your next landing or how cool you look walking thru the terminal. Look ahead,the future, what will you think of that E190 and its pay when you are trying to start a family or buy a house..I am not try to slam, but I get sick and tired of read the post about how bad this pos company is or how good that POS company is. Like i said 100 times on this board,until you stand up and DEMAND better QOL and pay. HOW do you do this< kick out the old guys in the MEC and get some guys that want to raise hell. You have to be willing to give it all up!!!

Xp
You don't honestly believe that pilot wages (or any other airline employees wages) are going to be what they were 5-6 years ago, do you? The people signing the checks have figured out they can make money by not paying anything or taking pay and/or benefits away. Do you think if the ASA guys walk that wages and QOL is going to improve for everyone else simply because they took one for the team? If it was so simple to say no or demand more, then why have the pilots, F/A, and mechanics at DL, NW, UA agreed to pay cuts?

Morning Wood said:
Xp
You don't honestly believe that pilot wages (or any other airline employees wages) are going to be what they were 5-6 years ago, do you? The people signing the checks have figured out they can make money by not paying anything or taking pay and/or benefits away. Do you think if the ASA guys walk that wages and QOL is going to improve for everyone else simply because they took one for the team? If it was so simple to say no or demand more, then why have the pilots, F/A, and mechanics at DL, NW, UA agreed to pay cuts?

There is difference between Major airlines in chapter 11 or a regional that post profits and still doesn't pay. Do I think pay will be back to 5 or 6 years ago?(pre9/11) I know we have already seen profits in the majors and talk about contract and repaying the pilots. To answer the question: yes but not in the next contract. The airlines made money with those pay scales. (pre 9/11). Those pilots you mentioned,know how to get what they want. They wont work for 50% less if the company is posting profits. Simple as that...

You are right,one company(asa) taking one for the team won't change things for everybody,but it will for ASA..Each company has to right for what they want...

Divide and conquer, guys....................chew on that for awhile. Management has for quite sometime, and they've figured it out. They love this kind of stuff. This reminds me of a cat fight.......sheesh

AF :cool:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back