• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New SKW/ASA Rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard ASA was going into the strip club business....and flight attendants get first dibs on any open positions.:eek:

Can you guys imagine Dang Doody sliding down a pole with a 20 dollar bill in her mouth to the song "American Woman"????????:eek::eek::eek:
I just threw up in my mouth!!!

Yeah, a merger will happen when Pigs fly! And what benefit would it be?

One management, One Maintenance, One dispatch, etc.

Personally, the way SkyW pilots have been messed with in the last years, ESPECIALLY, around union drives, I think MGT actually WANTS a union on the property. The pilots just haven't taken the bait.

One management, One Maintenance, One dispatch, etc.

That isn't how two certificates work. Everything would be separate except seniority lists.

Personally, the way SkyW pilots have been messed with in the last years, ESPECIALLY, around union drives, I think MGT actually WANTS a union on the property. The pilots just haven't taken the bait.

What planet do you live on? Management wanting a union but the pilots not going for it? Quick! Get your tin foil hat on. The men in black are outside reading your brain waves RIGHT NOW!

Last edited:
It is more like SkyWest management is no longer worried about us going union (and it shows). Some of our pilots take this as managment wanting us to go union, but I do not see a union in our future no matter the ramming. I think that SGU was apprehensive of you guys at first, but later realized that it was just another contract they had to deal with to do business. Too bad most of our pilots cannot figure this out.

Too bad ASA and SKW cant form a union TOGETHER that is away from ALPA, like SWAPA. It seems like many of the pilots at SKYW like the idea of a union but not ALPA. Plus even thou SAPA really doesnt seem to have any pull with mgmt, the general consensus is that we like those that represent us at SAPA. So if we could transfer our SAPA Leadership to a union, I think many would go for it. We cant really make SAPA an in house union due to funds and resources, and some dont like what ALPA does/doesnt stand for in its image.

Either way I dont think anything will change in the form of some merged list at SKW/ASA. Thou it would be nice.

Yeah, That SAPA thing has really worked out well, not. Plus, ALPA has too many additional benefits like legal and medical help, not to mention help with FAA issues, that are too important to be left to local-yocals and can't really be duplicated in another union.

It is more like SkyWest management is no longer worried about us going union (and it shows). Some of our pilots take this as managment wanting us to go union, but I do not see a union in our future no matter the ramming. I think that SGU was apprehensive of you guys at first, but later realized that it was just another contract they had to deal with to do business. Too bad most of our pilots cannot figure this out.

ALPA isn't going to drop a dime into that place anytime soon unless there are a bunch of guys who take their own initiative and demonstrate the money spent would matter. ALPA is tight on money as well with the furloughs and loss of the US Air guys. I don't see them dropping money into your pilot group when there isn't a good chance of it being worthwhile.

Yeah, That SAPA thing has really worked out well, not. Plus, ALPA has too many additional benefits like legal and medical help, not to mention help with FAA issues, that are too important to be left to local-yocals and can't really be duplicated in another union.

What he said!

Hmmm. Which do I want? A bunch of power hungry locals that have no clue what they are doing or the largest, strongest group of pilots in a union that has been around nearly as long as planes have been flying? It's about resources and experience, people!

ALPA isn't going to drop a dime into that place anytime soon unless there are a bunch of guys who take their own initiative and demonstrate the money spent would matter. ALPA is tight on money as well with the furloughs and loss of the US Air guys. I don't see them dropping money into your pilot group when there isn't a good chance of it being worthwhile.
Yup, you're right. Chip knows this and has no fear of us unionizing, ALPA or whatnot.

Can you guys imagine Dang Doody sliding down a pole with a 20 dollar bill in her mouth to the song "American Woman"????????:eek::eek::eek:

-Durn Carib... It is not very classy to talk about your dear mother in such foul terms.

Latest resources

Back