• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New SKW/ASA Rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It will never happen. The wussies at SKYW will not do anything to benefit ASA pilots, they will just continue to get a free ride. The only way ALPA will wind up there is with 50% of the vote-and those guys have demonstrated that they don't care about anyone but themselves-twice.

-ALPA will not waste a dime on another drive for at least 10 years.

Too bad ASA and SKW cant form a union TOGETHER that is away from ALPA, like SWAPA. It seems like many of the pilots at SKYW like the idea of a union but not ALPA. Plus even thou SAPA really doesnt seem to have any pull with mgmt, the general consensus is that we like those that represent us at SAPA. So if we could transfer our SAPA Leadership to a union, I think many would go for it. We cant really make SAPA an in house union due to funds and resources, and some dont like what ALPA does/doesnt stand for in its image.

Either way I dont think anything will change in the form of some merged list at SKW/ASA. Thou it would be nice.

Too bad ASA and SKW cant form a union TOGETHER that is away from ALPA, like SWAPA. It seems like many of the pilots at SKYW like the idea of a union but not ALPA. Plus even thou SAPA really doesnt seem to have any pull with mgmt, the general consensus is that we like those that represent us at SAPA. So if we could transfer our SAPA Leadership to a union, I think many would go for it. We cant really make SAPA an in house union due to funds and resources, and some dont like what ALPA does/doesnt stand for in its image.

Either way I dont think anything will change in the form of some merged list at SKW/ASA. Thou it would be nice.
ds

Completely agree! If the two pilot groups could merge and form their own union, seperate from ALPA, I would be on board. It could lead all the regionals torwards a seperate union that has their best intrest in mind, not whats best for the legacies first.

I know that SkyWest Airlines has had their "max" of FAA oversight, and the numbers prove it. There have been threats to move the certificate to ATL to get some relief.

Time will tell............

I know that SkyWest Airlines has had their "max" of FAA oversight, and the numbers prove it. There have been threats to move the certificate to ATL to get some relief.

Of what do you speak? I'll be interested to see what happens when SkyWest Airlines at the behest of the RAA, begins to use your CVR tapes however they see fit. Could that be what you're alluding to?

I see ASA moving their HDQ out of ATL before anything else happens. Getting away from the DL Branded city, creating their own identity/culture and recieving more UAL/Other contracts is what needs to be done. No sense in staying in ATL anymore, right? DL doesn't need to rely strictly on ASA in ATL. I also heard from an ASA FA on her back on the beach in MIA, who knows some people in SGU that were in MCO at Disney World say, that as soon as the new SGU airport opens up and starts recieving revenue passengers on jets, is when the 2 sister airlines will become 1. Hahahahahaha. Then HDQ will move to COS or possibly Elk City, KS.

I see ASA moving their HDQ out of ATL before anything else happens. Getting away from the DL Branded city, creating their own identity/culture and recieving more UAL/Other contracts is what needs to be done. No sense in staying in ATL anymore, right? DL doesn't need to rely strictly on ASA in ATL anymore. I heard from an ASA FA on the beach in MIA, who knows some people in SGU that were in MCO at Disney World say, that as soon as the new SGU airport opens up and starts recieving revenue passengers on jets, is when the 2 sister airlines will become 1. Hahahahahaha. Then HDQ will move to COS or possibly Elk City, KS.

What about Elko NV? ;-)

Trojan

I heard ASA was going into the strip club business....and flight attendants get first dibs on any open positions.:eek:

Can you guys imagine Dang Doody sliding down a pole with a 20 dollar bill in her mouth to the song "American Woman"????????:eek::eek::eek:

Latest resources

Back