New SKW/ASA Rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

zawillif

I was in ORD the other day and my FA heard certain SKW people with ties to St. George saying once we sign a new pilot contract in 2011 we'll be doing a total merger and become one... Go.

as much as I would like this to happen since we could FINALLY HAVE A CONTRACT, IT WONT, Why would SGU do this when it likes having one pilot group that is non union?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAH
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAH!

Sure!

The only reason this rumor might have any legs is because of the changes coming in how workers at a company vote to organize. Currently, a union must receive 50.1% yes votes from the entire workforce they are trying to represent. In effect, not voting is the same as voting no and in past SkyWest union drives, these effective "no" votes kept ALPA off property.

From what I've heard, the rules are about to change to where the union would only have to receive 50.1% of the votes cast, making it much easier to win approval.

Bring it on lets get rid of ALPA. 2% payraise!

The ALPA goons have some speculation in regards to merging the list but not for the reason you all think it is.

No, MESA will be merged with ASA. Brad will straiten that operation out the way he did ASA. Maybe some day we will all be joined together, but I think that day is far away and it will probably be presented to the ASA group as decertify ALPA and join SkyWest or remain separate. Various carrots and sticks, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Latest resources

Back