New SKW/ASA Rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tax free, baby..

Haha holy crap.. For the second time this PAGE--read back in the thread. Vietnam has a 25% flat tax for foreigners working in country.

(Edit: Well I started a new page, but you get my meaning.)

Haha holy crap.. For the second time this PAGE--read back in the thread. Vietnam has a 25% flat tax for foreigners working in country.

This will be paid by the airline, and not by the pilot. Or so goeth the rumor.............

The announcement will be made very soon, within the next month to begin the interview/application process.

Again. Repeating.... The company is covering all Vietnamese taxes.

This will be paid by the airline, and not by the pilot. Or so goeth the rumor.............

The announcement will be made very soon, within the next month to begin the interview/application process.

This is all so funny. There will be no announcement cause there ain't going to be any Vietnam flying. Skywest/ASA deal in Vietnam was to provide technical help and nothing else.

This is all so funny. There will be no announcement cause there ain't going to be any Vietnam flying. Skywest/ASA deal in Vietnam was to provide technical help and nothing else.

Don't know if you're an ASA person or not, but there are some actual facts to support all these "rumors".

Lately the rumor began to spread that LS, the director of safety was going to head up the operation. Then, shazaam, BS from the chief pilot's office is announced as the new director of safety. (thus freeing up LS to get started)

BB, the pilot from Vietnam who started it all, was in the Chief Pilots' office this week. Several people asked him about it. Of course he's bound by confidentiality, but did say this week that an announce is forthcoming in 2-4 weeks.

So nobody really truly knows whether pilots will be offered employment opportunities in that announcement, but there are two older "oral spoutings" that say there will be. Christmas day BH himself visited the pilots' lounge and told all who would listen that their "would be flying opportunities" for ASA pilots in Vietnam. Then in multiple recurrent ground schools, SH has said there would be flying opportunities. In his words, "you won't get rich, but it'll be a great opportunity for some".

..........................You're wrong.

Anybody got the name of that island off the coast of southern Vietnam?

Again. Repeating.... The company is covering all Vietnamese taxes.

Well, the Vietnamese tax is a fact while the company covering all our taxes is rumor. Unless you heard it first hand from the mouth of Scott or Brad I'm not getting my hopes up.

Latest resources

Back