• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Pinnacle Management team

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I said SOME WINNERS. Obviously if the numbers don't work then they don't. Im talking about specific tools that we have. You know the ones that start to breath hard when a master caution dings? Anyway carry on sir.

I knew what you meant. Some idiots always have a chip on their shoulder, some are just lazy and some are just plain mean. I know the type. I also think a lot of the ones who lack the effort have never commuted. I did for almost a year and it was something I will not forget.

I knew what you meant. Some idiots always have a chip on their shoulder, some are just lazy and some are just plain mean. I know the type. I also think a lot of the ones who lack the effort have never commuted. I did for almost a year and it was something I will not forget.

+1 on the commuting comment.

Riddle rats. Love 'em. Spending 200K now on ah, what? They get confused just like the ATP grads in crosswinds.

Have you ever seen one in action when they input the wrong rudder in a 15Kt crosswind? That gets interesting really quickly when they keep putting in more and more and I'm just praying that they'll give up and land on the pavement before the grass.

Are you seriously defending ERAU?

ERAU, right. Spending $100,000+ is worth what you could get at a local FBO for $40,000? True, it's not PFT, it's just stupidity.

Please just let 1.3 answer, it was just for him.

Also are you seriously judging an entire university and the reasons someone might want to go there based on your own narrow view of its value? I don't need or intend to "defend ERAU" Its value is considered very high by its grads and that is all that matters.

Many hire ranking Military Officers and Astronauts graduated from there. Even if someone just wants to be a passenger airline pilot, if they like it with everything considered then I say giddy up have at it.

"The same thing you can get at an FBO
?"..... not everyone wants the same thing as you in aviation.

Riddle rats. Love 'em. Spending 200K now on ah, what? They get confused just like the ATP grads in crosswinds.

Have you ever seen one in action when they input the wrong rudder in a 15Kt crosswind? That gets interesting really quickly when they keep putting in more and more and I'm just praying that they'll give up and land on the pavement before the grass.

No....but I have seen someone look very naive by judging thousands of grads from a entire university based on a few personal exaggerated experiences.

captains delaying a flight for weather is a bad thing? I just had dispatch try to send me to two different airports with major thunder storms. The first time I agreed to go because it seemed we had plenty of time-which turned into a diversion. The second one was a no brainer-I would not go for hours and soon timed out. Call me a bad captain. lol oh and in my 5-6 years as a captain, only twice did I ever refuse a jump seater. The first was a crj 200 flight from Billings to MSP with an alternate and I could only take 35 PAX and the second was impossible for landing weight after adding ballast for CG.

I always depart in those situation and just divert if the # work. Never fly into the wx and just head to the alt when gas is gone. Reason ? I always seem to make out pay wise.Only fly international now but sure it would still be beneficial in most cases to my bottom line.

Here is the short list to the people that are stupid according to you.
Degree recipients

Alumni Class[2] Notability Biscone, Gregory A. 1993 United States Air Force Brigadier General and Deputy Director of Operations at United States Central Command.[3] Brown, Charles D. 1985 Retired US Air Force Colonel and 2008 candidate for US Congress.[4] Burbank, Daniel C. 1991 American astronaut and US Coast Guard Captain.[5] Charlebois, David 1983 First officer on American Airlines Flight 77 which was hijacked and flown into the Pentagon on September 11, 2001.[6] Currier, John 1998 US Coast Guard Vice Commandant of the Coast Guard.[7] Davis, Kevin 1996 US Navy Lieutenant Commander, Top Gun Graduate, and former F/A-18 Blue Angels Pilot.[8] Doyle, Jerry 1987 American actor and radio talk show host.[9] Drew, Benjamin Alvin 1995 US Air Force Lieutenant Colonel and an American astronaut.[10] Durant, Michael J. 1995 US Army helicopter pilot featured in the film Black Hawk Down.[11] Edozien, Connally 2001 Nigerian football player who currently plays for the Carolina RailHawks FC.[12] Feith, Greg 1996 Retired Senior Air Safety Investigator with the National Transportation Safety Board.[13] Garan Jr., Ronald J. 1995 American astronaut and US Air Force Colonel.[14] Hagedorn, James 1979 Chairman and CEO of Scotts Miracle-Gro and former F-16 fighter pilot.[15] Kilrain, Susan 1982 American astronaut and US Navy Commander.[16] Tinsley, Thomas L. 1984 U.S. Air Force Brigadier General, Commander of the 3rd Wing, F-15C test pilot.[17] Larkins, Jamail 2007 First ambassador for Aviation & Space Education for the Federal Aviation Administration.[18] Magnussen, Karen L. 1997 RollerJam skater and a Junior Olympic speedskating title holder.[19] O'Grady, Scott 1989 US Air Force F-16 pilot who evaded capture after being shot down over Bosnia in 1995, as featured in the film Behind Enemy Lines.[20]

Last edited:
cont.

Hitesh Patel 1987 Executive Vice President, Kingfisher Airlines. Paulsen, Kraig 1994 Iowa State Representative and minority whip.[21] al-Rabia, Fouad Mahoud 1988 Prisoner held in extrajudicial detention at the Guantanamo Bay detainment camp without formal charges,[22] Remkes, Robertus C.N. 1987 US Air Force Major General and Director of Strategy, Plans and Policy for the United States European Command.[23] McKeown, Andrew P. 1995 US Army helicopter pilot, Retired Senior Aviator, OH-58D(I) KW, Founding member of TF-118 and recipient of numerous awards and decorations for service and valor in Operations Prime Chance and Earnest Will.[24] Ribas-Dominicci, Fernando L. 1985 US Air Force Major, killed during Operation El Dorado Canyon.[25] Seymour, William[disambiguation needed] 2007 Senior Underwriter at Chartis Insurance.[citation needed] Stalder, Keith J. 1994 United States Marine Corps Lieutenant General.[26] Stott, Nicole P. 1987 American astronaut.[27] Virts, Jr., Terry W. 1997 American astronaut and US Air Force Colonel.[28] Washington, Patrice C. 1982 First African-American captain for a major airline.[29] Weinstein, Jack 1987 US Air Force Major General[30] Wheeler, Robert E. 1995 U.S. Air Force Brigadier General[31] Woodward, Daniel P. 1980 U.S. Air Force Brigadier General and Pilot.[32] Wyckoff, Charles E. 2002 Army Sgt. Recipient of Distinguished Service Cross in Operation Enduring Freedom.[33]
Honorary alumni Honorary degree received[2] Notability Cho Yang-Ho 1998 Chairman and CEO of Korean Air.[34] Baktash Khadem Zaher 1997 Founder and CEO of Paramount Business Jets.[35] Iouse, Andrew P. 1983 Retired United States Air Force four-star general who served as Commander, Air Training Command (COMATC) from 1983 to 1986.[36] Lehman, William 1992 Former U.S. Congressman who attended Embry-Riddle as an aviation maintenance student.[37] Mitchell, Edgar 1996 American astronaut and US Navy Captain.[38] Newton, Lloyd W. 1997 Retired United States Air Force four-star general who served as Commander, Air Education and Training Command (COMAETC) from 1997 to 2000. He was also the first African-American pilot in the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds.[39] Stafford, Thomas Patten 1970 Former American astronaut and retired US Air Force Lieutenant General.[40] Udvar-H?zy, Steven F. 1998 Founder and CEO of International Lease Finance Corporation.[41]

BTW I didn't go to ERAU.

Last edited:
Please just let 1.3 answer, it was just for him.

Also are you seriously judging an entire university and the reasons someone might want to go there based on your own narrow view of its value? I don't need or intend to "defend ERAU" Its value is considered very high by its grads and that is all that matters.

Many hire ranking Military Officers and Astronauts graduated from there. Even if someone just wants to be a passenger airline pilot, if they like it with everything considered then I say giddy up have at it.

"The same thing you can get at an FBO?"..... not everyone wants the same thing as you in aviation.
I can understand going to ERAU prior to 9/11. After 9/11, you'd be a real dummy to get a BS in "Aviation Science" aka a worthless degree that won't be any help for a backup plan.

*As a disclaimer, we are talking about pilots at ERAU, which means they usually graduate with either a Bachelor of Aviation Science degree or bachelor of Aviation Management degree. We are not talking about the other programs like Aerospace engineering, since those are usually not associated with the flight training 4-year program.

Is a FBO private pilot any different than a Riddle Private? In the end, they both pass the same checkride. Doing a little research and finding a good FBO would be a much better route than wasting thousands and thousands at Riddle. What's their Cessna 172 fee these days? $170/hr? Not worth it. You are wasting money on a supposed-brand name.

Latest resources

Back