Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New of the meeting....BIG Comair news!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TYRO said:

"I imagine White Stone was precisely like you, once upon a time. And that's what makes watching this whole grey procession, kind of - very sad.

Every new regional pilot has just won the lottery. It'll be different for them. Comes in with eager high hopes, only to find..."

BEST POST EVER WRITTEN ON FLIGHTINFO.COM!!! I wish it could be posted in every crew-room in the country, mass-mailed to every PFT academy in the country, and tattooed on their foreheads so they would have to read it every time they looked in the mirror!!!

"It could happen to ME"

I understand where you're coming from Whitestone.
Right now, the grass is greener and I would hate myself if I gave it up now, even with the prospects that are unfolding in front of me. I know whats ahead, but won't fully understand it until I've been there and done that. It may turn out that I end up like you, but I'd rather have tried and made it there, just to say I did what I wanted to do. I just can't see myself not trying to go all the way. I've had to chip away at ratings and flying due to financial and personal reasons and refuse to give up. I'm not a young 22 year old either. Maybe when I do make it to that level, I'll be happier since I've see and done a lot outside of aviation and realize that maybe flying from here on in will make me happier, even if the money isn't all there.

Life is long. If I was able to put in 15 years of flying professionally and call it quits, I wouldn't be too upset. It would just be anohter era in my life. At that point I would just move on to something else that satisfied me.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back