Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New of the meeting....BIG Comair news!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.o.sJTB
No just swapping the old Comair planes SkyWest was flying for some of the ASA airplanes that were being used in the Comair fleet.

purple1day said:
If you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you

How much you asking for it?

Whitestoneclimb,

How old are you and how long have you been flying. Seems like pilots are dropping out a lot these days. I'm still waiting for my chance to get to the regional level. After working crummy office jobs and flying part-time for a few years, I cant wait to be flying something sweeter.

Good luck. I hope this isn't a hasty decision you'll maybe regret later.

Why did Skywest just agree to buy 22 CRJ700's for the Delta Connection flying when Comair is downsizing? The news release said that they will be placed with ASA. Besides, I thought because of the concessions Comair agreed to, they were assured some more 700's.

That could be the rudest thing I have ever heard anyone say to someone trying to spend more time with their kid in my life.

Way2Broke said:
That could be the rudest thing I have ever heard anyone say to someone trying to spend more time with their kid in my life.

You must not pay attention on these boards too much. That was nothing.
;)

For some reason that one was hard to look past. For some reason I can look past alot of the posts that are shallow, but that one was just pothetic. Sorry to hijack the thread.

NYCPilot said:
Whitestoneclimb,

How old are you and how long have you been flying. Seems like pilots are dropping out a lot these days. I'm still waiting for my chance to get to the regional level. After working crummy office jobs and flying part-time for a few years, I cant wait to be flying something sweeter.

NYCPilot,

I imagine White Stone was precisely like you, once upon a time. And that's what makes watching this whole grey procession, kind of - very sad.

Every new regional pilot has just won the lottery. It'll be different for them. Comes in with eager high hopes, only to find...

NYCPilot said:
Whitestoneclimb,

I'll be 39 next month and I've been flying at the regional level for about 15 years now. Actually, this decision has been years in the making. I just don't like the road the airline industry is taking, and I just don't think its worth the sacrifices anymore. As they say, the grass is always greener, but its really up to the individual and what you're willing to give up to fly an airplane. To me, I'm just not willing to give up the rest of my life (ie, time with family/kids) for this business anymore, especially as the pay and benefits continue to decline. And the "Big Time" jobs are just not there anymore. But hey, thats what works for me. Y'all do what makes you happy.

Later

Whitestone, I hear ya! I'd be topping out with the equivalent of senior CA pay here at OH had I stayed at my old nuclear job. Looks like the only way to stay in the Orlando area is to get in on the new nuke plant they're planning on building here! Or, go back to commuting when I get displaced out of here and continue on my career track of PFO, professional first officer!!

Latest resources

Back