• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Mesaba Deadline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is no hiding behind anything. These are the facts...

Has Mesaba lost an entire base? NO

Has Mesaba lost >50% of their fleet? NO

redflyer65 said:

Has Mesaba closed bases...YES!...RHI, CWA, CVG, and MEM Avro

50% of the fleet gone? YES! Mesaba had 99 aircraft at one point. Soon to be only 49 saabs.

Redflyer, your are 0-2.

redflyer65 said:

Well, actually, at the time we lost 2 bases (CWA and RHI). Last year, we lost CVG, and we are just about to loose the Avro MEM base.

So we have lost 3.5 domiciles and about 40% of our fleet (with more to come)...seems to be pretty close, and I don't see your pilot group wanting to scratch our backs anytime soon!

I hope for the best for all Mesaba guys, it sucks that many friends of mine are losing there jobs. Godspeed

back and forth you go....i think the unions will figure it out, since they know the contracts better than you two,,,,seriously, why make the rift between mesaba and pinnacle evn worse......goes to show you how ALPA runs its game. ALPA allows its members to hate one another just as the managements want.

Well, actually, at the time we lost 2 bases (CWA and RHI). Last year, we lost CVG, and we are just about to loose the Avro MEM base.

Outstation domiciles are notoriously unstable regardless of what airline you fly for. There was once a time when almost all Express I pilots were based in outstations. Guess what??? They all got closed, almost 40 of them. Thats just part of the buisness.

Elimination of certain fleet types will also result in pilots being discplaced. Not only is the MEM Avro domicile closing but shortly thereafter MSP and DTW Avro domiciles will close as well. A sad fact of this industry.

I dont think anyone doubts the hardships currently being felt by the Mesaba pilot group. The circumstances of these hardships though bear very little resemblence to those that gave rise to LOA 21. This is evident even in an uneducated read of the agreement. Paragraph "G" of LOA 21 was never intended to be a revolving door between our two pilot groups.

redflyer65 said:
Spinn, You are comparing RHI and CWA to a complete HUB closing?

Ok, whatever.

So, CVG and MEM dont count?:rolleyes:

Its no secret the mainstream 9E pilot group lacks class. Carry on...

Crizz said:
So, CVG and MEM dont count? :rolleyes:

CVG was an outstation and the XJ MEM pilot domicile will not be closing any time soon.

Latest resources

Back