• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Low?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here is what the Webster online, unabriged edition, had to say about our sad friend here:

Prostitute

Pros"ti*tute (?), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Prostituted (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Prostituting.] [L. prostitutus, p. p. of prostituere to prostitute; pro before, forth + statuere to put, place. See Statute.]

1. To offer, as a woman, to a lewd use; to give up to lewdness for hire. Do not prostitute thy daughter." Lev. xix. 29.

2. To devote to base or unworthy purposes; to give up to low or indiscriminate use; as, to prostitute talents; to prostitute official powers. Milton.

Considering that the second definition takes into account that one is to accept payment in order to diminish itself to gain such worthy title of "prostitute"; we have to insist, that here, this young lad, is willing to push the limit even higher, by having the monetary exchange go from the protitute over to the client...

I am contacting the Merriam-Webster folks, and will request that this new behavior be classified under a new name, with a new definition. Too bad I did not get to witness his e-bay listing, it should have been forwarded along with my request, for case analysis.

Brett Hull said:
I tore into the FBO at Paducah for not having a crew car for the past 3+ years on AirNav. Shortly thereafter, it was deleted (as was the rest of the comments on the FBO) with a statement that said something to the effect of "they don't wish to be blasted anymore and have requested we not allow anymore postings". All they'd have to do is buy an old beater for crews to run into town to grab lunch with. What a bunch of Sally's.

Airnav changed their policy on this some time ago. It was probably partly due to lawsuit threats or they figured out another it was a way to generate content revenue. I find the "editorials" of limited value now, but you have to wonder about a place that "has requested we do not publish comments".

The internet allows a certain measure of economic "perfect knowledge" which interrupts the way that certain businesses operate. Some outfits react badly when you point out their faults because they can't/won't change.

The other problem with the comments section was it was fairly easy for someone to sandbag a competitor. Most Smallburg airports can only support one FBO (if that), and sometimes compeition gets ugly.

I like Airnav, but I don't know of another place where you can get FBO comments, though.

Nu

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back