• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Low?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is there a difference between paying his share of operating expenses while giving free instruction and splitting the cost of multi rental with someone else?

I know a guy who's owned several high performance A/C and he generally doesn't go to an instructor unless they charge at least $50.00/hr. (most are in the $75.00/hr. range). His point is that the good instructors charge more and they are almost always worth the extra money. He got burned early in his flying by wasting his money on a $28.00/hr. instructor who sat there with his feet flat on the cockpit floor, doing very little instruction while talking about how much time he needed to get hired at the airlines. There is no need to lower the rates if you are a good instuctor.

How much are golf instructors charging these days?
Piano lessons?

I don't know of anyone dying from poorly played piano.

EagleRJ said:
Looks like he decided to do the ethical thing.

The auction has been ended early.
Not sure if he did it for "ethics", he blamed some kind of error for his ending the auction. He may be revamping the ad to change the 5-hour thing. We'll see.

LAXSaabdude.

This guy is too funny for words....or tragic.
I knew the name sounded familiar.
Had the pleasure of flying with him once.
This is what he put on www.airnav.com 2 weeks later (and my reply)
http://www.airnav.com/airport/KAPF/EUROPE_AMERICAN#c

Even though the first name is different (he uses both or an abbreviation)
I recognized his face on the pic.
What a total tool....unbelievable, has anybody sent him a link to the thread yet?

Very good response. I applaud your professional attitude, I would not have been so kind.

well, there is quite a buzz going around pilot training @ u of i...he is a part-time instructor there. everyone was talking about it with and without him. from what he's said, it sounds like he doesn't regret doing it at all, and of course there are a select few instructors bemoaning how its a free nation and they can do whatever they want. however, most people are just laughing at him for doing it.

I bought a Seneca and I got my instruction from a 12,000 hour piston pilot who had 1,500 hours in type. Best instructor I ever had. And all for $30.00 per hour, I came out very very well.

sbav8r said:
Very good response. I applaud your professional attitude, I would not have been so kind.
Hehehe...I drink to him, someday he'll be seniority number 01 at some regional. Some guys get all the breaks. :D

YourNameHere said:
Hey Viper, I just bid a penny on your add. Please don't hold me to it though.

I went all the way to $0.15 and got blown away. I've flown with Viper and will say he's worth every bit of the $0.20 that is the winning bid. Sadly, on my first year FO pay I just can't go beyond that.

FlySacto

Latest resources

Back