New hires dipping out of CRJ-XJT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not without cause.

You never heard of a furlough? Do companies have some moral code that says don't furlough a guy if he has been there less than a year? No? We are professionals, not indentured servants, and should feel no remorse for leaving a position at any time for any reason of our choosing.

You never heard of a furlough? Do companies have some moral code that says don't furlough a guy if he has been there less than a year? No? We are professionals, not indentured servants, and should feel no remorse for leaving a position at any time for any reason of our choosing.

I'm pretty sure that a furlough isn't termination. Plus, furloughs are typically due to a company need, and are seniority order, not random order.

I didn't say you should feel remorse, but leaving immediately after training is poor form.

Last edited:
One day you're working, the next day you aren't. Seems pretty clear to me. Company need? If that's a valid excuse, then what about Pilot need to get a better job?

One day you're working, the next day you aren't. Seems pretty clear to me. Company need? If that's a valid excuse, then what about Pilot need to get a better job?

Look man, if you don't understand this already, nothing you read on here is going to be able to explain it to you.

You guys are kidding yourselves if you think that mainline companies care if you use a regional for your needs and leave.

Recently at the WIA conference, a few furloughed widebody pilots I know were told, by recruiters at two companies that start with "U", to go to a regional and get current so that they would be competitive with current hiring windows.

I say we bring back the training bond/contract. That way the airline isn't out massive training costs to someone who just gives them the middle finger, yet if it's worth it to you to pay to move on, you pay for your training yourself, and everybody wins / nobody loses.

I say we bring back the training bond/contract. That way the airline isn't out massive training costs to someone who just gives them the middle finger, yet if it's worth it to you to pay to move on, you pay for your training yourself, and everybody wins / nobody loses.

Companies I worked for in the past in which had great or good working environment/cultures never had to worry about it. If your company doesn't fit the bill then you have something to worry about!

Latest resources

Back