• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New hires dipping out of CRJ-XJT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys are kidding yourselves if you think that mainline companies care if you use a regional for your needs and leave.

Recently at the WIA conference, a few furloughed widebody pilots I know were told, by recruiters at two companies that start with "U", to go to a regional and get current so that they would be competitive with current hiring windows.

This makes it sound like its ok to do it as long as your next job will be your last job. I'm not sure many airlines would want to hire someone who did that to someone else. Why would they want to invest all the time and money in a person who will jump ship right after training if something better comes along. I'm not saying you shouldn't do it but if you be prepared to stay at the company you move to. There will always be exceptions but I wouldn't want to have to answer the questions.

If you haven't learned by now that there is zero loyalty in this industry, you're going to be left behind wondering what happened. They will screw you over faster than you can blink. Do what you need to do, to get where you need to be. Getting an old job back may be difficult, but the next employer isn't going to give a crap about that.

I say we bring back the training bond/contract. That way the airline isn't out massive training costs to someone who just gives them the middle finger, yet if it's worth it to you to pay to move on, you pay for your training yourself, and everybody wins / nobody loses.

Wrong, training contracts aren't the answer. The answer is to make a company that is worth working for. I would never even apply at a company that has any training contract. Why do you even care if people coming up behind you stay or go anyway?

Why do you even care if people coming up behind you stay or go anyway?

I'm looking at the fairness, ethics, and hit to our bottom line of someone intentionally going to a regional just for the very expensive training, type rating, and recency of experience they need, in order to immediately go somewhere else. I know most pilots don't care about company profitability, but when lots of guys do this to my company, it kind of undoes all the effort I just put into D-0 etc. in order to help my company become profitable.

When my company is more profitable, I can make more money. It's as simple as that.

I'm looking at the fairness, ethics, and hit to our bottom line of someone intentionally going to a regional just for the very expensive training, type rating, and recency of experience they need, in order to immediately go somewhere else. I know most pilots don't care about company profitability, but when lots of guys do this to my company, it kind of undoes all the effort I just put into D-0 etc. in order to help my company become profitable.

When my company is more profitable, I can make more money. It's as simple as that.

The kool aid is flowing really good...;-)

how's that working out for ya, $60 a quarter

I'm not just talking about our bonuses, I'm talking about the company's total profitability. Do you think the DL guys could have possibly seen that 20% raise if DL was losing money?

Kool-aid? I just want the company to make lots of money (and not waste it on getting guys off the street ready for their mainline interviews) so that I can make more money. Why is economics 101 so hard for you guys?

I'm not just talking about our bonuses, I'm talking about the company's total profitability. Do you think the DL guys could have possibly seen that 20% raise if DL was losing money?

Kool-aid? I just want the company to make lots of money (and not waste it on getting guys off the street ready for their mainline interviews) so that I can make more money. Why is economics 101 so hard for you guys?

Ah, everyone else can pound sand so you can get yours. Can't argue with that. See the signature.

You guys just don't get it. SKYW makes lots of money, they want that and all of yours too. Including your health care, 401(k), piggy bank, lunch money, recycling money ect. If you make SKYW Lots of money they will say thanks, here's a Bag Tag, register for your chance to win the 300kb MP3/iPod like music player.
News flash, they will only pay you, just enough to keep coming to work, one penny more is wasted tiki torch money.

Latest resources

Back