Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Hires at Jetblue.... please.........

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

So, when you go through new hire training and someone who has been there for several years are trying to educate you on the "problems"
at JB, don't run to the CPs and wine.
Just maybe you could learn something by listening to the senior pilot who has seen and experienced what its like at JB for many years.

Whether or not you hate your previous union who got you Legal protection, medical protection, an enforceable CBA, with a right to grieve issues, etc, is up to you. But, come on. Be an adult. Listen and "argue" in a professional and cordial manner without running to "The Office" and "ratting" out the people you will be flying with in future. You will just make yourself look like a "cry baby".

Please be a professional.

Supposedly a new-hire was off campus with a captain and was told some things about JetBlue that conflicted with his happy new world view, so he complained about the captain to the training department and/or the OSC chief pilot. It's all hearsay at this point, but if it happened then yes, it is pathetic that some people actually do need a reminder to handle their own "problems" than go bawling to mother.

Unfortunatley it happened. I know the CA personally and the story is pretty much acurate as explained.

Sad

Supposedly a new-hire was off campus with a captain and was told some things about JetBlue that conflicted with his happy new world view, so he complained about the captain to the training department and/or the OSC chief pilot. It's all hearsay at this point, but if it happened then yes, it is pathetic that some people actually do need a reminder to handle their own "problems" than go bawling to mother.

I am also a friend of the Captain. It happened exactly as described. Newhire didn't like what he was told over beers at the freakin' pool, and cried to Sandman like a bi-otch. Utterly pathetic.

I am a new hire at my current airline. Honestly, I don't want to hear the bitchin'. I know not everyone is happy. Just let the new guys enjoy the new job for a bit without trying to bring um down. That being said, there is no way in hell I would ever go to a cp about something like that.

I am a new hire at my current airline. Honestly, I don't want to hear the bitchin'. I know not everyone is happy. Just let the new guys enjoy the new job for a bit without trying to bring um down. That being said, there is no way in hell I would ever go to a cp about something like that.

Spot on.

Latest resources

Back