• Watchers 73

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You started the name calling...

BD, glad to take you on here. The term "kernel" always was, and always will be derogatory. Don't tell me it doesn't imply a Colonel you think less of, simply because they rose to that rank. It also implies you're smarter than the average Colonel who you think is lower than a popcorn kernel. Or is it simply because you can't spell Colonel correctly? Since you're so proud of your military service, let me ask you if you ever had the ba11s to address a real Colonel in that way. As for the SWA procedures, I'm not going to debate with a pinhead who thinks the SWA leadership is run by a bunch of popcorn kernels. You're still the one off base, or more correctly, FOS. ws

ps I did see you had military service, and that fact even more infuriated me to see you calling Colonels, kernels. That term belongs to a bunch of digruntled civilians with stereotypical views of the military and bigger chips on their shoulders. For example, I guarantee it won't take long for a bunch of those wise a$$es to dog pile in your corner. (Reminds me of, ...sleep with a bunch of flees and...well you know the rest.) Therefore, as a former or current military member, don't wrap yourself up in the flag and tell me how much you respect your service and those honorably pulling their weight. Where did you get such a disrespectful view of military leadership? Anybody who uses that term is a POS in my book. ws

Last edited:
just your F/O visual approach callouts that SWA/FO seemed pretty proud of

the SWA/FO told you the callouts are in there for AF kernal's. Along with everything s p e l l e d out.....

Hey, SWA/FO

the SWA/FO told you the callouts are in there for AF kernal's. Along with everything s p e l l e d out.....

Everything I told BD applies to you, double. ws

ps the "negative military" says it all, doesn't it...

Last edited:
BD, glad to take you on here. The term "kernel" always was, and always will be derogatory. Don't tell me it doesn't imply a Colonel you think less of, simply because they rose to that rank. It also implies you're smarter than the average Colonel who you think is lower than a popcorn kernel. Or is it simply because you can't spell Colonel correctly? Since you're so proud of your military service, let me ask you if you ever had the ba11s to address a real Colonel in that way. As for the SWA procedures, I'm not going to debate with a pinhead who thinks the SWA leadership is run by a bunch of popcorn kernels. You're still the one off base, or more correctly, FOS. ws

ps I did see you had military service, and that fact even more infuriated me to see you calling Colonels, kernels. That term belongs to a bunch of digruntled civilians with stereotypical views of the military and bigger chips on their shoulders. For example, I guarantee it won't take long for a bunch of those wise a$$es to dog pile in your corner. (Reminds me of, ...sleep with a bunch of flees and...well you know the rest.) Therefore, as a former or current military member, don't wrap yourself up in the flag and tell me how much you respect your service and those honorably pulling their weight. Where did you get such a disrespectful view of military leadership? Anybody who uses that term is a POS in my book. ws

Dude,

Again, go back and read my first post - it was a response to SWA/FO and his use of the word "kernel" - it's not my word and I agree with your take on the derogatory use of it. Notice I put the word "kernel" in quotes in my response to SWA/FO. I know that flight ops leaderhsip at SWA, and many other places, is filled with military guys. I believe his quote was something like "our callouts are overkill and put in place for kernel like you" to someone else. That was my point - they, military guys (the "kernels") wrote the FOM and the callouts!!

I was trying to - unsucessufully it seems - bust on SWA/FO and his use of "kernel" and his endorsement of SWA callouts. SWA/FO is well documented on FI with his claim that military reservisits are mostly scammers and in this for the $$. "I saw the opportunity, I took the shot" as Maverick said, and you've messed it all up. Rather than have some sort of discussion about the callouts like Gup did, you've turned this far too emotional. Are there not enough mil vs. civ threads out there for you to jump into? SWA/FO must have a total chubby watching what he's unintentially stirred up.

Done here. Sorry to hit the bad nerve. "Disprespectful view of military leaderhsip"?? Not sure where you're getting that between the lines. I am not your enemy, POS that you think I am.

By the way - I am a "Colonel" - Navy Captain - still serving, working with many Colonels, Capt's, GO's, etc. All a pretty good crowd, all very professional and all with seasoned thick skin as we trade good natured inter-service barbs over beers at the club. So Wingsweep, bad ID again. Time to just let it go or turn the vent somewhere else.

BD

ps the "negative military" says it all, doesn't it...

Yeah, kinda like saying NO MIL BACKGROUND or I WAS NOT IN THE MIL or ALL CIVILIAN or POSITIVE CIVILIAN or the one I picked Negative Military. I would not candy coat it for you, If I hated all Mil guys, I would say so. You would not have to look at my profile to figure it out. I hate some Mil guys and I hate some Civ guys. I'm an "equal opportunity hater".

But who cares what the SWA/FO thinks? He doesn't make Government or Southwest Airlines policy. Besides if your on this message board, you are a civilian weather you like it or not.

If you don't like it go to the kernal board and yuck it up, you wont find me there. You guys can talk about the PX, 0-6 and my favorite "terminal leave" - which is a good thing, I hear. Sounds painful.

Last edited:
Yeah, kinda like saying NO MIL BACKGROUND or I WAS NOT IN THE MIL or ALL CIVILIAN or POSITIVE CIVILIAN or the one I picked Negative Military. I would not candy coat it for you, If I hated all Mil guys, I would say so. You would not have to look at my profile to figure it out. I hate some Mil guys and I hate some Civ guys. I'm an "equal opportunity hatter".

WTF is equal opportununity hatter???

Is that someone who makes differnet types of hats without discrimination???

or

Maybe that damn hare in ALice in Wonderland

Plz, before your throw mud , get your terms correct. It makes you look like a bigger idiot.

Your response doesn't address anything in his statement. You will fly 737s domestically forever, and you will most likely never fly a 787. But, you do point out the great pay at Southwest, which is what you should get for flying 5-6 legs a day at a profitable airline.

Fly more when you are at work, and spend more time at home since you aren't flying 2-3 legs a day...hmmm...interesting theory.

The two SWA guys I know well are home way more than any other major pilots....and, they are HAPPY, the don't b*tch at all....all praise....

Such a tool. It's not about who is better moron, it's a matter of what suits each individual person and what suits their family. Size no longer matters, but in your case, I guess it does. Not everyone is born with a small penis there Shorty.

Well said....

I really hope not. I dont know who you fly the 737 for(or maybe it's just a bought type rating for the intereview), but I'm at CAL and we have a contract coming up. Southwest has the highest paid 737 drivers in the country. It gives us a point to negotiate ABOVE in our next contract. I sincerely hope they keep those payrates. That way we can exceed them :)

Good luck exceeding the 1,2,3 rule, reserve rules/min days off, and getting PBS off of your contract.

Latest resources

Back