• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New FAA Rest rules are near

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Even better when you get "breifed" on how you're gonna haul it back to base to make their 25 minute connection for the commute back to Denver.. Cause if they miss it, the next one doesn't leave for another 45 minutes..

Last edited:
I thought the new rules would be ground breaking stuff like,
2 or 3 landings, 9 hours of flight (A bone for the ATA lobby)
4 landings, 8 hours of flight
5 landings, 7 hours of flight
6 landings, 6 hours of flight
7 landings, 5 hours of flight

Max duty day of 12 hours
Min rest of 12 hours

This "new" stuff is a polished up turd.

Why do I have to fly with the clown who does this? This new rule requires companies to note the problems they have and rectify, ie, require in place 9 hours prior to duty. And yes, this means be home from your vacation in time to get 9 hours at domicile.
Sorry commuters, commute in earlier or move. What other technically precise job allows you to show up tired?

The new NRPM REQUIRES you to report anyone who shows up too fatigued this to the company. It's now on par with suspecting alcohol usage.

Nu

Who needs facts?? This is FI....you can just spit out random crap that floats in your brain.....

Where is it posted the "idiots" want this? Show me and I'll back off and apologize....til then STFU

-Based on the content of the above post, you have little right to call anyone else an idiot. Ever.

It seems to me this is going to cost the regionals a lot of money. But it's going to save the majors a lot of money. How many regionals have flights long enough to take advantage of ten hours of block time in a day? I suspect though they have a lot of 5 leg days.

Bottom line, I don't think it's going to do a darn thing to help make pilots less fatigued.

Why do I have to fly with the clown who does this? This new rule requires companies to note the problems they have and rectify, ie, require in place 9 hours prior to duty. And yes, this means be home from your vacation in time to get 9 hours at domicile.
Sorry commuters, commute in earlier or move. What other technically precise job allows you to show up tired?

You are required to show up for duty adequately rested. There is no allowance for showing up tired. I suppose some superior person who lives in domicile has never shown up for work after a bad nights sleep or no sleep with a crying baby at home? Do you really think forcing someone to commute in on the 5am flight for a 9pm show is going to result in a better rested pilot than one who commutes in on a 5pm flight for a 9pm show? Not everyone can just move to their domicile. I suppose they should just quit?

The FAA should have followed the recommendations of the ARC and left the commuting issue alone.

You are required to show up for duty adequately rested. There is no allowance for showing up tired.
They are tied together, both required rest and ability to perform will be the word of the day.

Allowances will be provided for the dude who's baby is crying all night, who's AC died, etc, but catering to the folks who fly a redeye and show up claiming "I'm rested" is a foul.

Companies will track this and put rules in place which will drive the fatigue call out of existance. How? You call in fatigued, they ask why, you say you commute, they say show up early enough, you continue to commute and remind yourself never call fatigued again. Solved? hardly.

How many careers allow you to commute to work and show up tired? Oh right, none. So yes, move to domicile.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back