New era for USA Jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotyip

USA Jet started public charter operations today with daily scheduled service between San Juan and the Dominican Repulbic. Flying a DC-9-30, USA Jet will be flying 3-5 round trips per day on that route. Under full review by TSA for our initial operations, TSA said they had never seen a more professional start up operation. With this start up we will be able to pursue more public charter to augment our declining on-demand air cargo business. Bigger airplanes will be coming on-line later this summer to expand this business.

Are we going to start interviewing / hiring again?

Now if American Axle can pass the TA they have in front of them, the Cargo board can get back to work too.
http://www.reuters.com/article/ousiv/idUSN2251234220080522

Another note on the happenings at USA Jet. Thanks to the hard work of a couple of folks we are working towards JS agreements with more major carriers. In fact, as I type this one of our pilots is jumpseating to Australia on United to visit her brother that is studying abroad. This is just one of the many benefits of having a scheduled side of the house!
Who knows what the future might hold? Maybe one day I can throw my pager into Belleville Lake or the Caribbean Sea. :laugh:

Last edited:
I can't remember the last time a start-up pax operation was successful (Jet Blue?).

You guys should follow Connie's lead and get into the ultra-lucrative wide body main-deck International freight biz.

Why mess around with the ever dicey, low profit margin, scheduled pax sector? (especially during skyrocketing oil prices in a gas guzzling 9 that WILL have to passed on to the ticket price).

What am I missing here?

Latest resources

Back