• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Emirates order....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
but your company will not do to us what they did to Qantas pilots so go drink more koolaide

One of the most ignorant statements I've seen this week. The Qantas CEO 'did it' to the QANTAS pilots. He's run the airline into the ground and outsourced the international flying. Educate yourself.

I know you've heard of out sourcing ? Nearly half your companies flying is outsourced. Do you see a pattern ?

Soooo, you support what's going on in the sand?

My post pointed out the hypocrisy of the views displayed here. Airlines For America have got pilots worked into a frenzy. Meanwhile those same people would outsource all of us, take every government handout they can find, pay us poverty level wages and dance a jig.

When an airline pilot realizes that he's agreeing with a lobbyist from Airlines For America, he should get a tingle up his spine and his hair should stand on end.

You're being played. They don't want fair. You should know that.

One of the most ignorant statements I've seen this week. The Qantas CEO 'did it' to the QANTAS pilots. He's run the airline into the ground and outsourced the international flying. Educate yourself.

I know you've heard of out sourcing ? Nearly half your companies flying is outsourced. Do you see a pattern ?

Well, the Qantas CEO didn't really outsource much flying at all. QF still flies 2 daily 380s to LHR via DXB, (they previously had 2 744s stopping in SIN and BKK) and until recently the only other flight they had to Europe was FRA. So, they cut one flight total to Europe, and now offer more connections on EK through DXB. In the meantime, QF used those 744s to open up new nonstops to DFW, Santiago(Chile), and Joberg. QF hasn't had the best financials lately, is having an interesting time with their subsidiary Jetstar and trying to figure out what to do with that, and decided to outsource most of Europe (except LHR) to EK.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Well, the Qantas CEO didn't really outsource much flying at all.

Above is the beginning of your quote. Below is the end of your quote. They contradict each other.

and decided to outsource most of Europe (except LHR) to EK.

General,

Look at the numbers for QANTAS International before the snaggle tooth midget became CEO, and look at the numbers afterwards. He outsourced their flying to Jetstar and then to EK.

Neither EK, nor it's pilots did anything to QANTAS pilots. Their own CEO and Board did it to them.

Above is the beginning of your quote. Below is the end of your quote. They contradict each other.

General,

Look at the numbers for QANTAS International before the snaggle tooth midget became CEO, and look at the numbers afterwards. He outsourced their flying to Jetstar and then to EK.

Neither EK, nor it's pilots did anything to QANTAS pilots. Their own CEO and Board did it to them.

They lost ONE flight to Europe total when they signed with EK. No contradiction. They never really did fly to Europe, more than a few flights per day. The CEO is having a hard time keeping the brand, since they also use Jetstar, and Jetstar is also trying to expand that brand in Japan, Hong Kong, SIN, etc. The CEO seems content in growing that brand, and not focusing on Europe other than the coveted LHR slots that they still control. They also fill the 380s to DXB from MEL and SYD, and dump pax in DXB and still make some money. It appears he doesn't care much, but as I stated they never really tried to Europe. If QF dropped all LHR and gave it to EK, then I'd raise my monobrow..... ;)

Bye Bye---General Lee

They lost ONE flight to Europe total when they signed with EK. No contradiction. They never really did fly to Europe, more than a few flights per day. The CEO is having a hard time keeping the brand, since they also use Jetstar, and Jetstar is also trying to expand that brand in Japan, Hong Kong, SIN, etc. The CEO seems content in growing that brand, and not focusing on Europe other than the coveted LHR slots that they still control. They also fill the 380s to DXB from MEL and SYD, and dump pax in DXB and still make some money. It appears he doesn't care much, but as I stated they never really tried to Europe. If QF dropped all LHR and gave it to EK, then I'd raise my monobrow..... ;)

Bye Bye---General Lee

I'm beginning to wonder about your ability to focus. You just typed hundreds of words about Qantas and Europe. Despite the fact that I didn't mention it. I made a statement regarding the Qantas CEO's outsourcing Qantas International flying, instead of doing it themselves. Out sourcing the flying to Jetstar and EK etc.

By the way; Qantas used to fly to Athens, Vienna, Rome, Frankfurt, Amsterdam and London. They now fly to London. You're short sighted General. You're also boring the sh!t out of me

By the way; Qantas used to fly to Athens, Vienna, Rome, Frankfurt, Amsterdam and London. They now fly to London. You're short sighted General. You're also boring the sh!t out of me

In the Generals own words, O' Snap!

Latest resources

Back