• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Delta vs AirTran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why do Americans drive Foreign cars, shop at Non-Union Wal-Mart and flock to many LCC's? It's the product stupid! Basic economics, put out a product that has a superior experience with an inferior cost and you make money. Have we all not figured this out yet?

As far as I can see all the DAL people should be affraid of the RJs and not Citrus. The Barbies are going to take the mainline jobs B4 the guys across the field.BuckO

Good thing I am on the 'widebody' of the ASA fleet. And no, I don't think "we" are going to be taking any mainline jobs. DL needs to be afraid of management, THEY are the ones holding the cards. I think alot of people who are on these boards seem to think they are in the 'know' about what happens across the street. Unless there is some pretty high ups at DL cruising here, (not likely) we are all just flapping our gums with our 'opinions' and thoughts. WE, (Mainline, ASA, and CMR pilots on here don't know jack about the 'plan'. As have said by managment, that is closely guarded information. Until it is public info, all said here is pretty moot.
Just a thought.

I think what Bucko is trying to say is that the threat to Delta mainline jobs is in their redeployment by DAL management, not from AirTran. I don't think it was intended to be a dig at ASA or Comair guys.

Well, Ive listened to this forum for a while... Delta is changing, as are all the other Legacy carriers... Definitely the 'economic condition ' is hurting everyone... Its a bummer... who wants to lose ground ... nobody.

I hear the banter from LCC and Major dudes ... I heard it in PHL last week on ground cntrl, I heard on the escalator to E, I heard it trying to get to our gate on Ramp 4..... It is funny for a about a second... in the end it is eroding our profession into a scene that resembles angry New York cabbies.

LCC's offer a different product ... period. When you ride Delta... it is different than AirTran... period... Leisure pax are much different than Business pax.. period.. Oh the darn strollers and wheel chairs...

So we can argue about who is hauling the rich folks and who is hauling the po folks... But really that is just crap... And then we can get into who is a better pilot... Major or LCC ... and the crap about well they only got that job because they couldnt make to a major... bla bla bla.

Based on what I have seen, pilots from the majors arent any better than the commuter guys, LCC guys, or banner towing flip flop sporting college kids.. They were just making more dough because their union negotiated contracts for 60 plus years. Thats just how it works...

I am 39... I will never get into the big dough flying.period .. If I was lucky enough to go to one of the big majors, I wouldl never get beyond a narrow body capt seat because of my age.... But I have fun at work, like the folks I fly with, and enjoy a decent schedule with enough dough to have a pretty nice lifestyle... So how is this bringing down the industry ?? Thats like saying banner towing is bringing down pilot wages?? Crazy thinking..

Anyway, in a long winded kinda way... I am tired of the unprofessional banter that is slung in the 'hallways' at work... Please, everybody, we should be working to further our profession and not continue to look down or tear down our fellow pilots.. Do you bad mouth the little guy practicing approaches at Gulfport... Do you bad mouth the 767 cause ground put him in front of you, Do you look the other way while walking down the concourse? This is all crap... Take the high road and make it the great job that it is... period ...

I was working Eagle in MIA quite a few years ago.. Tried to commute home on United... Didnt get on... One week later same flight same United Capt... 777... bought lowly me an ice cream cone and made sure I got on, to get home... What a good guy... Why did he give a rip about me? Because I was a fellow pilot... He was passing the profession on to me and we should be doing the same.

Sorry for my passion, pain and angst..... Eric VanValkenburg 717 FO

Delta is a great carrier, AirTran is a great carrier... Both are trying to make money and both will be around for a long, long, time.

Dont be managements puppet and sling the rhetoric that they would like us all to believe.. Take the high road and protect and lift our profession as best you can .. Please

Hey mnboyev.... I just left a voice mail message on your cell phone. I got a new cell phone number since I moved. Make sure you extract my new phone number before you delete the message.

Oh... to the rest of you as far as this thread goes..... what he said!

mnboyev said:
Dont be managements puppet and sling the rhetoric that they would like us all to believe.. Take the high road and protect and lift our profession as best you can .. Please

Hi everyone! It's Dave. Once again, this negative dialogue against management simply has no place in this industry. Don't make me leave my cozy beach resort to come up there! Management absolutely needs a few good puppets, and you overpaid and underworked airline pilots are the obvious choice!

Dave Siegel said:
Hi everyone! It's Dave. Once again, this negative dialogue against management simply has no place in this industry. Don't make me leave my cozy beach resort to come up there! Management absolutely needs a few good puppets, and you overpaid and underworked airline pilots are the obvious choice!
LOL. Glad someone has a sense of humor around here still. :)

Latest resources

Back