Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SpauldingSmails

Aboard the sloop.
Posted this info in another thread already... but anyway...

Was driving down I-494 this afternoon. There's a DC-9-50 in full new Delta livery parked in front of the hangar there near rwy 35. At first I thought it may have been an MD-88, but sure enough tail number was 776NC (I believe, but definitely NC). Looks great, and good news for everyone! That's one that should be flying for a while yet!

Posted this info in another thread already... but anyway...

Was driving down I-494 this afternoon. There's a DC-9-50 in full new Delta livery parked in front of the hangar there near rwy 35. At first I thought it may have been an MD-88, but sure enough tail number was 776NC (I believe, but definitely NC). Looks great, and good news for everyone! That's one that should be flying for a while yet!

Here you go...

http://i44.tinypic.com/2ahzccy.jpg

Eat your heart out Delta.

Remember when you guys were low enough to fly this ariplane? ala DC9-15?

Hopefully most of you smart Delta guys will realize this is a GOOD thing that this airplane is in the mainline fleet, unlike the E-175 (which is much better looking) or the CRJ-900 (which is much better looking)

Are you starting to get it now? Mainline is the way to go. Shiny Jet Syndrome is dying. Hopefully one day ALL of us will understand that a job with the mainline is the only way to go. (even if you don't fly pretty new airplanes)

Eat your heart out Delta.

Remember when you guys were low enough to fly this ariplane? ala DC9-15?

Hopefully most of you smart Delta guys will realize this is a GOOD thing that this airplane is in the mainline fleet, unlike the E-175 (which is much better looking) or the CRJ-900 (which is much better looking)

Are you starting to get it now? Mainline is the way to go. Shiny Jet Syndrome is dying. Hopefully one day ALL of us will understand that a job with the mainline is the only way to go. (even if you don't fly pretty new airplanes)
...Man!...let me at it!!! Do you think we'll have to de-ice, sir? Not only do I get to fly a shiny new Delta jet, but I get to do it in such a beautiful climate!:erm: ...I agree whole heartedly...that airplane looks great!....mainline is the way to go!:beer:

Last edited:

You are exactly right, although I threw up a little in my mouth when I saw it. At least it wasn't the chunks of projectile vomit that the 747 triggered.

Maybe the French airplanes will look better in Blue, but so far, Red tails looks better in the snow.

I'd like to bring back the Flying Tigers paint for the 747's.

You are exactly right, although I threw up a little in my mouth when I saw it. At least it wasn't the chunks of projectile vomit that the 747 triggered.

Maybe the French airplanes will look better in Blue, but so far, Red tails looks better in the snow.

I agree,

The NWA paint scheme looks better in the frozen tundra!

The 320's will look better in blue. You can only make the Delta name so big.

One of the things I commend Delta for is sticking with their brand name. Northwest never had this. At least publicly, Delta is staying with their brand name and logo no matter how big the airplane is.

Delta is proud of their brand. They try. IMHO Alaska, JetBlue and Delta are the only airlines that make the effort any more.

The rest realize the first name on Orbitz using the "sort by cheapest airfare option" usually gets the business.

But with a global network that can't be mached, Delta hopes to actually get a premium fare from people who would rather do business with the brand. Delta now gets 102% of the average revenue in the industry. It was in the high eighties while in bankruptcy. It makes a huge difference.

What really made you vomit? The fact that you will never come close to fly it... I think the whale looks great in the new Delta livery or in any livery for that matter....

Latest resources

Back