• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Delta Capacity Cuts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can't wait to see the General try to "spin" this into some type of positive news.

-Truth is, your "inspired mgmt" f-cked-up....BAD..... They expanded way too heavily INTL right before the biggest recession in many decades.

-INTL is gonna tank HARD. The last time we saw any type of economic news as bad as what we have now, there was very little INTL traffic of any kind-very few of these horrendously expensive routes to support. Very little of this type of exposure for any airline.

-Plus, last time, there was no avowed Marixist in the White House-doing his very best to make everything far worse. "Can't let a good crisis go to waste" R. Emmanuel.

-Uncharted waters, Gen... Good thing you have your famous "sub commander" uniform-at least you will look like you belong in uncharted waters.

-P.S.-I think there is some kind of leak in the egine room-might want to get a damage report, Gen....Just to be safe.

-Come at me again with some silly-ass "fry cook" stuff-I really rather enjoy your infantile insults. It won't change the fact that you are in deep turd.

I can't wait to see the General try to "spin" this into some type of positive news.

-Truth is, your "inspired mgmt" f-cked-up....BAD..... They expanded way too heavily INTL right before the biggest recession in many decades.

-INTL is gonna tank HARD. The last time we saw any type of economic news as bad as what we have now, there was very little INTL traffic of any kind-very few of these horrendously expensive routes to support. Very little of this type of exposure for any airline.

-Plus, last time, there was no avowed Marixist in the White House-doing his very best to make everything far worse. "Can't let a good crisis go to waste" R. Emmanuel.

-Uncharted waters, Gen... Good thing you have your famous "sub commander" uniform-at least you will look like you belong in uncharted waters.

-P.S.-I think there is some kind of leak in the egine room-might want to get a damage report, Gen....Just to be safe.

-Come at me again with some silly-ass "fry cook" stuff-I really rather enjoy your infantile insults. It won't change the fact that you are in deep turd.

Nice job at pointing out the obvious, I believe Delta is doing exactly what it should and adjusting to market demand.

p.s. try not to get too excited about commenting on this bit of bad news...it has the possibility of effecting a lot more people before it ever effects the general.

Nice job at pointing out the obvious, I believe Delta is doing exactly what it should and adjusting to market demand.

p.s. try not to get too excited about commenting on this bit of bad news...it has the possibility of effecting a lot more people before it ever effects the general.

Really! so when the genital and his buddy sh!tbrick are on here talking trash about everyone else thats OK. gimme a break!

Where are general, whats the spin on this sh!tbrick go ahead say it volaris westjet, so far the only ones talkng about employee cuts is DELTA, but sh!tbrick you dont have to worry Volaris might take you! as for you general too bad back to pizzahut.

Really! so when the genital and his buddy sh!tbrick are on here talking trash about everyone else thats OK. gimme a break!

Where are general, whats the spin on this sh!tbrick go ahead say it volaris westjet, so far the only ones talkng about employee cuts is DELTA, but sh!tbrick you dont have to worry Volaris might take you! as for you general too bad back to pizzahut.

I didn't say that did I?

I will say it's pretty sad that your sitting here waiting for a couple of guys reactions and the fact that this press release appears to have "made your day".

How about we just give you the finger instead!:laugh: Of course you're probably used to getting it from your co workers! Must be tough knowing you're on the chopping block when you paid all that money for that type rating.

You forgot to mention pay for training!
Maybe if your airline wasn't busy paying $$millions in fines for shabby maint. and crashing into other jets, it might be worthy to respond, but in the meantime, just for you doosh:

Don't worry, when westjet and volaris hire you, you might get promoted to lead flight attendant. A big step up from lav dumper!:laugh:

Gen Lee will make a great Lav Tech.... He will just insist you call him "Lav Extraction commander."

Gen Lee will make a great Lav Tech.... He will just insist you call him "Lav Extraction commander."
So, what do they call you at work, the head fry maker or the lead fry maker?
Seriously dude, your infatuation with him is a little freaky. If you're that "into him," just ask him out!:blush:

This is a big cut. They decided that there was just not enough of a load to warrant keeping the lift for the Fall Quarter. After picking through the power point and the 8K it might be more of a frequency and gauge reduction. Now they cannot do a ton of this in overseas markets, so I see some sort of staffing shift. The benefit is that the CVG 767 base is now an ER base. They can transition then to all domestic flying if need be. That would save a lot of the ER catagory from displacement. That would equate to a bigger cut on the 767 domestic catagory. This could be done in ATL, SLC or LAX. Just a guess.
The bennifits are that there is a good amount of metal showing up in the next 12-24 months. Much of this will pick up the overstaffing.
I would be very surprised if we got though this without any furloughs. I would not be surprised to see 200-300 furloughs. That said it is only a guess. We still have the CPS flow in place. This equates to a lot of excess money to be spent. It is the best furlough protection there is. Post SOC we were looking to be slightly understaffed to adequately staffed. The managers will need to run the metric on this to determine if they need to make the cuts. This is a huge pull down, but furloughing may not give them justifiable gains to do so.

Latest resources

Back