• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Delta Capacity Cuts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Like I stated yesterday, we are overstaffed. I also pointed out that post SOC is where they would look at the numbers.
It now looks like those numbers are better than expected. As they look at the staffing and fleet plan for mid to late next year they came up with these numbers. I would expect them to keep the company lean, with not being overstaffed by more than 500, if is just not economically feasible to furlough.
There is no guarantee for the future, but they are not pulling out their pink slips because of this announcement. I am not saying they could not change their minds, it is just not what they are planning.
If you note, what I stated yesterday was my personal opinion. I made that clear. This is not my opinion.

Search here and ALPC...every SINGLE day he claims this and every day opposite
Shouldn't you be worried about flops?
And get back to the fractionals board. The Net Jets dudes are wondering where you've been and why you aren't bothering them about 121 jumpseats.
Now, back to your regularly scheduled------>:crying: :crying:

Quite true.
I posed this because it is the first bit of good news about these cuts. We all want a bit of good news now and then.
Burn me at the stake, that is OK. I have thick skin.
Go ask our Vp of Flt Ops, he will be in the crew lounge today. He is there every Wed.

You post completely opposite sentiments on a DAILY basis between here and ALPC...Guess you can't be wrong that way.
"Yeah can't see how we can't furlough".. "No we won't here's why" "Yeah end of this week we'll see more #s"..
It's okay to NOT know...since obviously you don't...stop toying with people because you get some absurd sense of importance by pretending to be in the know. Shut it already

VOR, We are in an environment that changes almost daily with info frequently OBE - I see ACL giving opinion, then correcting with updated info.

His info has been accurate more often than not, and personally I prefer to hear the info even if it's corrected later.

As to shutting it you have the option of ignore or not logging in here.

Last edited:
ACL: Thanks for the clarification. And thanks, as always, for the good intel.

VOR: Seriously, why do you have such an interest in the goings on at Delta?

Thanks guys, and as always when the wind changes and the thinking of the day says furloughs I will tell you and you can go crack open another six pack.

Latest resources

Back