• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Delta Airbus Order

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A380s are not coming to Delta......Richard was busting on AFs birds and Skyteam having to fill them in the line check meeting.

FWIW

I spoke to two Delta(NWA) pilots on an overnight in Maui last week and they told me Delta was parking the 75's and 76's in the desert and getting airbus replacements soon. (they were not ahppy about it)

I spoke to two Delta(NWA) pilots on an overnight in Maui last week and they told me Delta was parking the 75's and 76's in the desert and getting airbus replacements soon. (they were not ahppy about it)

We are parking some 757's and 767's as they come up on heavy checks. Older 5500 series 757's from NWA, some older domestic 767's (which are always full) and some older South 757's. They are ostensibly being replaced by 100 737-900ER's but not on a one-for-one basis.

Any 757 you see with winglets will supposedly stay (they invested in the winglets). 100 planes will leave and be traded one for one with new 737-900ERs, and those 100 will consist of older 757s, 30-40 older A320s, and some domestic 767-300s, all close to their cycle limits. There are rumors of A321s coming maybe, some used 744s, and an order for new 737s or A320s from the manufacturer before they switch to the NEO line, as long as they also take some used 50 seat RJs away too. Throw in 88 717s and 14 MD90s coming, and it looks like the training department may be busy.

Bye Bye---General Lee

When the AE comes out in March some time and since it's a 365 day bid. Will that show if any hiring will happen at the end of this year?

When the AE comes out in March some time and since it's a 365 day bid. Will that show if any hiring will happen at the end of this year?

It could give some indication, especially with the number of displacements (and where they come from) to fill the 717. I'm sure there will be other AEs before the 365 window is complete which will be telling as well.

Any 757 you see with winglets will supposedly stay (they invested in the winglets). 100 planes will leave and be traded one for one with new 737-900ERs, and those 100 will consist of older 757s, 30-40 older A320s, and some domestic 767-300s, all close to their cycle limits. There are rumors of A321s coming maybe, some used 744s, and an order for new 737s or A320s from the manufacturer before they switch to the NEO line, as long as they also take some used 50 seat RJs away too. Throw in 88 717s and 14 MD90s coming, and it looks like the training department may be busy.

Bye Bye---General Lee

So they're replacing higher paying airplanes with lower paying airplanes. With the exception being the A320. The numbers you've stated above shows 60 - 70% of the movement towards lower paying equipment.

Is that correct ?

Latest resources

Back