New Delta Airbus Order

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Redtailer

I don't usually post rumors, but a friend of a friend of my neighbors dog told me some interesting things.

Apparently Delta has not only placed orders for the A320/321, but the A330, A350 and A380 is a done deal with deliveries starting in 2014 for the narrow bodies and 2015 for the wide bodies.

I initially dismissed it, but considering the source and then poking around the Internet some things started popping out. Apparently during a lot of the recent upgrades to ATL room was made to accommodate the A380 to park on E concourse. Korean Air is the first scheduled to do it. What is interesting is that DL had to sign off on the PFC to pay for the project. If DL didn't want to pay for those upgrades they could have said no. Additionally, JFK terminal 4 where DL is moving in to exclusively will also accommodate the A380.

Take with a grain of salt, but this one might have legs.

Of course delta had to sign off on it, how else would everyone else from sky team get their a380s in that terminal? Now delta 320s that are ten years old to feed those other carriers, that sounds right. I'm just joking around but I will be shocked and disappointed if delta gets 380s: there needs to be a us carrier that orders the 747-800

Would not surprise me. Anderson is probably the best airline CEO out there and he is very strategic. Excluding the A350s which have not been built yet, perhaps he is picking up used A330s and maybe even some used A380s from Asian carriers that can't use them effectively (i.e., Thai and Malaysian) - he's a savy dealmaker who likes to refurb used airplanes...

I heard 10-20 A321's and 10 777-300's.

If Delta ever orders the A380, I, GogglesPisano, will post a picture of myself eating my Delta hat right here on FI. I promise.:blush:

Would not surprise me. Anderson is probably the best airline CEO out there and he is very strategic. Excluding the A350s which have not been built yet, perhaps he is picking up used A330s and maybe even some used A380s from Asian carriers that can't use them effectively (i.e., Thai and Malaysian) - he's a savy dealmaker who likes to refurb used airplanes...

Check Anderson's past , eastern mentors , Texas Air

I heard 10-20 A321's and 10 777-300's.

If Delta ever orders the A380, I, GogglesPisano, will post a picture of myself eating my Delta hat right here on FI. I promise.:blush:

Be careful Googles, if it makes it to the internet it pretty much has to be true.......

....Especially when someone mentions "done deal" and (insert airline name here) in the same sentence.

:rolleyes:

It must be that "guy in the jumpseat" again that knows everything and has a "friend in the know". How come after flying 700 hours per year for the past 14 years I never get to meet either of these guys.

Next will be the long running "training dept guy" who saw the painted aircraft on the ramp at the factory waiting to be delivered. Management just wants to surprise us pilots. They love is that much.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back