• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Dash Video--hopfully not gay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not preaching like pete from PHF, but......
Remember you have passengers on board. The dash can land short, but you might want to be easy on the brakes and disc/reverse. Roll to the next exit an get paid. Just a thought.
Notice how I didn't tell you, I just suggested? Unlike some of the bitter boobs you fly with.

I'd still like to see a 300 in HHH. I'm calling boolsheet on that one. Yeah, it can do it easily; what's V1max at 38000 pounds at 30*C getting back out? Quick check of the logbook shows 41 H^3 landings, all of them in a 100. Used to bid lines with HHH in them exclusively; easy to do based in CLT '04. Heck, I was there for New Year's.

So I ask again- a 300 has gone into HHH?

*typo

Last edited:
I figured I'd get some good responses to that one. For the record: Yes, I only did it when mostly empty. No, I didn't need reverse or even heavy breaking. It was the same plant-and-roll scenario that HHH usually was.

Added after Sig's last post:

According to my logbook: I flew N328EN CLT-HHH on 28SEP04 as part of trip P8190, flight 4456, departed OT at 2205, arrived 2312, three minutes past STA. Captain's initials are PM, a commuter from Maine who last I heard was based in LGA. PM me and I can give you the employee number if you want to check the seniority list. I do remember taking a 300 in there one other time, probably while I was based in CLT. Let me know if you want those numbers, too, and I'll be happy to look them up.

As for the load carrying capability: Yes, there was no way you could take 50 out of there. I think we were limited to the high 30s or maybe 40. At any rate, it was still a few more than you could get in a 100.

Last edited:
Booker said:
I figured I'd get some good responses to that one.
Got a flight number? Still doubt a 300 went in there. The reason I call boolsheet is the fact we're always, always, always overweight in the 100. It makes good sense to drive a 300 into HHH, which totally precludes it ever going into there...

***I'm not saying you made it up, Booker. I'm saying in light of how this place runs, I'm hard pressed to believe they'd make such a smart choice.

Last edited:
This reminds me of one day in DCA. I haven't been there for years so the runways might be wrong. We landed on 4 and the captain said "watch this" and held short of 1.(36?) He thought he was so smooth and did the eyebrow wiggle at me. I thought this 50+ year old role model captain was a loser(still do today). I was a junior FO but knew this was a dumbass thing to do since my face almost hit the prop sinc.

Sig said:
I'm not saying you made it up, Booker. I'm saying in light of how this place runs, I'm hard pressed to believe they'd make such a smart choice.
No worries, friend. I know how PDT is, and I know how people on these forums are. I don't blame your skepticism; hopefully I gave you the info you needed (re: my previous, edited post).

Sig said:
It just makes sense. Which means it's beyond PDT!!! :)
Word. Anyway, I'm frankly still not sure if you think I'm misremembering the whole thing, but if so, I don't know what else to tell you. I didn't even look at my logbook until you called BS. Part of the problem is that it happened nearly two years ago, when PHF/ORF was still a big base, so I can't think of any other corroborating evidence. I just looked at my 09/04 green-and-white pay sheet (man, there's a blast from the past!), but even that doesn't list tail numbers. I'm sorry dude.

(You paying attention to all this, TT?)

Last edited:
YOU STILL HAVE THE GREEN SHEETS?? Dang. So do I. ROFLMAO.

Back when you could clearly see when we were getting hosed. CLASSIC!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back