• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New DAL senority List

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well even though I moved up a few numbers its still a windfall for the Northwest guys overall. Their DC9 guys are wetting their pants with the excitement of having quick access to a motherload of 757/767/737NG. My concern now what happens when Anderson decides to bring A320's into SLC and or LAX. Delta guys that could hold slots there premerger will be run out of town for years by the Northwest guys who have been dying to get out of a DC9 in Detroit and MSP.

Without any base fences or narrowbody fences or fences on 757/767 this does not look good from a Delta pilots perspective. Any Delta pilots see this differently?

What color is the sky in your world?

Well even though I moved up a few numbers its still a windfall for the Northwest guys overall. Their DC9 guys are wetting their pants with the excitement of having quick access to a motherload of 757/767/737NG. My concern now what happens when Anderson decides to bring A320's into SLC and or LAX. Delta guys that could hold slots there premerger will be run out of town for years by the Northwest guys who have been dying to get out of a DC9 in Detroit and MSP.

Without any base fences or narrowbody fences or fences on 757/767 this does not look good from a Delta pilots perspective. Any Delta pilots see this differently?

I was just thinking this award was a windfall for the Delta guys. You guys pretty much got exactly what you asked for other than the 400+ guys at NWA being stapled.

I think the SLC and LAX bases will see some of this because every NWA commuter from the west coast now has a much closer option than DTW or MSP if they want a narrowbody position. We can't be displaced from a position by a NWA guy, but if they close a category like the MD-90 and move in some 320's, the junior MD-90 guys will be hosed. I think a large 7ER base in Seattle would help even things out a bit.

FWIW, I think the company had some influence here because the narrobody fleets are what they really want to move around and there are magically NO fences on them. Both groups asked for fences. Why the arbitrators would award no fences when we both wanted them is suspicious to me. I'd expect to see some narrowbodies being quickly moved around the system now that they have no limitations on what they can do.

Last edited:

I agree, although it doesn't affect my part of the list it will suck for the former DAL capt. that will get bumped.
As for %'s I was 94% premerger and am 94% post merger in senority.
Maybe I should worry about getting bumped from line holder in ATL to god knows what! I'll leave that till tomorrow
Cheers

I was just thinking this award was a windfall for the Delta guys. You guys pretty much got exactly what you asked for other than the 400+ guys at NWA being stapled.

Now that it is over, you guys can admit that the DALPA proposal was fair and equitable from day one other than the DC-9 FO situation. I never felt that was fair, and I'm glad to see they were integrated in with the rest of the narrowbody FO's.

Damn, I was hoping this thing would be less fair and you guys would fight for the next 10 years thereby degrading your product... ala AWA/U.

Seems pretty fair to me. But then I thought John Prater was a good guy so what do I know, right?

I did pretty well. I thought I would be at around 52%, and I am now between 53 and 55%. Overall, it works for me. When can I bid A330 Captain? Just jokin........to all my new DL brothers, I say "I LOVE YOU. Seriously, I love you. I LOVVVVVE YOUUUUUUU!"

Bye Bye--General Lee

All in all.... I think it came out quite fairly.

I was 90.9%...now I'm 90.4% back on the list. They used our methodology, gave NWA a pretty hefty weighting for their retirements, and grouped the 9 differently to not have them all stapled.

All in all... kudos to the mediators for really attempting to do a great job. We'll see how it all plays out!

I'm truly looking forward to sharing the cockpit with my "former" NW brethren.

Last edited:
I think the SLC and LAX bases will see some of this because every NWA commuter from the west coast now has a much closer option than DTW or MSP if they want a narrowbody position. We can't be displaced from a position by a NWA guy, but if they close a category like the MD-90 and move in some 320's, the junior MD-90 guys will be hosed. I think a large 7ER base in Seattle would help even things out a bit.

FWIW, I think the company had some influence here because the narrobody fleets are what they really want to move around and there are magically NO fences on them. Both groups asked for fences. Why the arbitrators would award no fences when we both wanted them is suspicious to me. I'd expect to see some narrowbodies being quickly moved around the system now that they have no limitations on what they can do.

Yeah I think you are right. Suspicious how there is not fences on the narrow bodies. I dont think an ER base in Seattle would help too much since that airplane is not protected either. Just the 747, 787, 777 are protected. Should this surprise us since most of the guys doing the negotiating fly those airplanes?

STFU Peenucle! I was senior to you at pinnacle when I was on furlough from NWA. Now you are senior to me!!!???? How is that fair?????????????? You bloviating toool!! Go get a new avatar........ did you get the last one in a happy meal at Burger King?!?!?! Jack ASSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back