• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New DAL senority List

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would strongly recommend to Delta pilots to NOT bid the A320 when the time comes. It is hard to fly and the seats are extremely uncomfortable. Flying an Airbus is absolute torture after flying a Boeing. If you are on the 320, you also have to fly the 319 which only has 124 seats. It is the same size as the DC-9-50. You are much better off on the MD-80's and 737's.

How many narrowbody airbuses does NWA have?

How many DC9's currently flying?

How many pilots do you crew per airplane on the NB at NWA?

I'd bid the left seat of the thing if it's still around for fun, then bid back out at the first opportunity.

And then you'll like the $143/hr and flying with your favorite pilot and stay :)

I just talked to a friend of mine, who is a 05/01 hire, and he is upset. I think he did ok on this SLI.

How do you all think he did?

OK with the help of Airline Pilot Central I found the fleet currently at NWA. Unfortunately the DC9 catagorie is the second biggest of the bunch if you combine the NB Airbusses.

747-400: 16
747-200: 2
747-200F: 13
A330-300: 21
A330-200: 11
757-300: 16
757-200: 55
A320: 71
A319: 59
DC9: 92

Last edited:
OK with the help of Airline Pilot Central I found the fleet currently at NWA. Unfortunately the DC9 catagorie is the second biggest of the bunch if you combine the NB Airbusses.

747-400: 16
747-200: 2
747-200F: 13
A330-300: 21
A330-200: 11
757-300: 16
757-200: 55
A320: 71
A319: 59
DC9: 92

Except General Lee says we don't have 92 DC-9s... And he is always right :) :)

Heyas ACL,

It's hard to read people through a message board sometimes, but your comments here and over at APC seem to say that you didn't find much to like in the SLI.

Nu

I do not know where you get that. I think that it was about as fair as it could be. I gained nothing and lost nothing. I think it was fair. My seniority number gives me the same relative position almost to the one hundredths.
With no fences, I think that what us junior, original DAL guys see will be blown out of the water. But then again, it will be short term. Once the retirements start they do not stop and life gets better year after year for everyone.
To point, I have no major issues with it.

Except General Lee says we don't have 92 DC-9s... And he is always right :) :)

Is that a current list? I thought you had 60 something DC9s? Maybe APC was looking at NALPA's January 1st snapshot???

And, thanks for acknowledging something EVERYONE already knows......it took you awhile...

Take care.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Is that a current list? I thought you had 60 something DC9s? Maybe APC was looking at NALPA's January 1st snapshot???

And, thanks for acknowledging something EVERYONE already knows......it took you awhile...

Take care.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Was just giving you a hard time. I have no idea how many we have right this moment, but I seem to recall 62 being the "final" number until the next plan comes around. Not sure where the 92 number comes from. Total operating plus total in storage is higher than that, so beats me.

Latest resources

Back