• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New DAL senority List

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK, but where doe it say that you can't cross bid certificates or where doesn't say this award isn't effective immediately.There is a huge void of time for loading up out of seniority if somebody had control of the flying with an agenda. I know the FAA would frown somebody working for two carriers at the same time they don't care if you move from one to another.
OK but her is the problem. Lets say ex Dal # 2999 is an MD Ca in BOS and the company decides to move in 320's to the base in May of 09.. Ex NWA # 3000 based in DTW but living in ORH decides to transfer to BOS with the new 320 base. Meaning # 2999 got screwed if it meant a pay raise and or better flying or if he just wanted to fly the thing.

The scope clause that deals with removing the 6 seats in the event of furlough says that any pilot on the list with an employment date prior to Sept 01, 2001 is furloughed then the seats must be removed. TKane is no longer the trigger. The new trigger is seniority number 11984 at 4% on the list.

With a union that works with management. all the Airline has to do is ask the union to remove the trigger otherwise the company suffers. The union agrees and if there is a vote the senior guys sell out the younger guys.That is how this business is run. Seniority is everything at the new Delta.

That's because you've had no idea about anything to date.

I'll bet that a lot of people are beating you, and often!

Tell you what. I'll quit responding to your posts if you quit responding to mine. Deal?

After all, your materials getting a little thin. That last line doesn't even make sense.

With a union that works with management. all the Airline has to do is ask the union to remove the trigger otherwise the company suffers. The union agrees and if there is a vote the senior guys sell out the younger guys.That is how this business is run. Seniority is everything at the new Delta.

The airline would be hurting? We should have $7.5 billion in cash at the end of 09, and if oil stays around $50 a barrel, we will save $5 billion in 09 alone. I don't see us allowing that rule to leave the books....

Bye Bye--General Lee

General:

The Company's fee for departure contracts limit Delta's flexibility. During the investors conference Anderson repeatedly made the point that the mainline domestic fleet had nearly zero capital expenditure expense and that he could park them at little cost. The RJ's are on long term contracts and the costs are not as flexible. Those contract have to be be honored. As a result the Company is going to want to cut mainline and maintain the regional operation.

Delta is going to want to keep as much of that capacity in the large RJ's. The 76 seaters are already too small for the mission and if forced to 70 seats it does hurt Delta's network.

The scope trigger went from 10 or 11% to 4%. With the capacity cuts it will be very easy for the company to hit that number. Because of this there are pressures on Delta to furlough before the SOC (since before the SOC the number remains at a Delta and a NWA pilot separately, not just the lowest guy)

I'm with the folks posting that scope is going to be renegotiated sooner rather than later. The Company doesn't want to honor the flow through and the change from 11% to 4% on the 76 to 70 seat restriction makes it a much more effective tool.

Occam used to write that the Company would come to us wanting to staple Compass ... maybe he is right.

General:

The Company's fee for departure contracts limit Delta's flexibility. During the investors conference Anderson repeatedly made the point that the mainline domestic fleet had nearly zero capital expenditure expense and that he could park them at little cost. The RJ's are on long term contracts and the costs are not as flexible. Those contract have to be be honored. As a result the Company is going to want to cut mainline and maintain the regional operation.

Delta is going to want to keep as much of that capacity in the large RJ's. The 76 seaters are already too small for the mission and if forced to 70 seats it does hurt Delta's network.

The scope trigger went from 10 or 11% to 4%. With the capacity cuts it will be very easy for the company to hit that number. Because of this there are pressures on Delta to furlough before the SOC (since before the SOC the number remains at a Delta and a NWA pilot separately, not just the lowest guy)

I'm with the folks posting that scope is going to be renegotiated sooner rather than later. The Company doesn't want to honor the flow through and the change from 11% to 4% on the 76 to 70 seat restriction makes it a much more effective tool.

Occam used to write that the Company would come to us wanting to staple Compass ... maybe he is right.

The company can WANT a lot of things. If they are hurting financially, that might be a different story. When they say they will save $5 billion a year if gas stays around $50 a barrel, and will have $7.5 billion in cash next year, I just don't think Dalpa will be willing to give away something like that. Look, a lot of pilots at both lists have been furloughed, or were furloughed after 9-11. It isn't a distant memory for these people. I would think some people would raise a stink about it. I know I would... Regardless, it would be good to staple Compass anyway.

Bye Bye--General Lee

The company can WANT a lot of things. If they are hurting financially, that might be a different story. When they say they will save $5 billion a year if gas stays around $50 a barrel, and will have $7.5 billion in cash next year, I just don't think Dalpa will be willing to give away something like that. Look, a lot of pilots at both lists have been furloughed, or were furloughed after 9-11. It isn't a distant memory for these people. I would think some people would raise a stink about it. I know I would... Regardless, it would be good to staple Compass anyway.

Bye Bye--General Lee
Most guys would put up a stink, even old ones like me. We can't just keep giving it way so to speak.. BTW I'm a one color one list type and have been for years. Don't care if its a Cessna Caravan on floats he/ she should be on our list.

Latest resources

Back