New CS Rumors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flagshipper

The latest I have heard on the road is that not only are they only hiring into 8 "super" bases but effective June 1st all current employees will be locked into their current base and can only move into one of these 8 bases.

Also a new duty day policy limiting the planned duty day to 12.5 hours and 14 hours as an absolute max will supposedly be instituted soon.

One Step Forward.. 3 Steps Back....

You pick a hooker based on her zip code but not a pilot.......

The latest I have heard on the road is that not only are they only hiring into 8 "super" bases but effective June 1st all current employees will be locked into their current base and can only move into one of these 8 bases.

Also a new duty day policy limiting the planned duty day to 12.5 hours and 14 hours as an absolute max will supposedly be instituted soon.

That sux......But its comming! This is just the beginning. Ask yourself, better yet ask management, what sense a basing system really has?

Just makes Netjets look that much more appealing with its 100 domiciles. People on the fence between the two operators will now have an easier choice to make unless they plan to live in a CS superbase for the rest of their lives. You can't be the flexibility of 100 pilot domiciles at Netjets - that's unbelievable compared to others in the industry....

How is it cheaper?
Why else would they be reducing bases? What about Flex or Flops apparently reducing bases. It's cheaper. I don't agree, but it is what it is.

Keep in mind, though, that NetJets tried that. Not only did it not make any difference (since they were airlining people to their planes in any case), but the tickets I flew on from PBI were double the price of the ones out of MCO, TPA, or any number of other cities that later became crew bases. Just seemed like a dumb idea when Netjets tried it; not sure why it'd work any better for you guys, unless they're planning on ferrying the planes to these cities empty on a regular basis.

its not cheaper..Baboo at flops had alot of pretty colored charts and graphs all drawn up (bet he was the smartest kid in kindergarten) when they started eliminating bases at FLOPS..well after a year the million dollars on airline tickets they were gonna save never jived with his color coded graph and once again FLOPS management idiots had to back peddle a explanation for there stupidity. no one ever got there bases back either though..

Now that the threat of Unionizing under Teamsters is all but gone I guessing management teams at various places are thinking there is no real reason to be the pilots' best friend anymore.

Let's see what management thinks of their pilot forces now.

By not having crews airline to an aircraft, they have increased the productivity of the airplane signifigantly and have also cut the charter costs signifigantly.

So by increasing the pilots at "super bases" they will have more and more crews and airplanes swapping at those domiciles. This in turn will save mucho $$.

I tell ya, I have not airlined much in the last year, and its AWESOME.

But hey, you guys have the big picture though, right? If companies listend to pilots, we would all make 1000000 a year, and never work.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back