• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Give a quick "wink, wink" on this site/PM if your office is going to feel under the weather, since I commute on you guys twice a week. :)

If we feel under the weather that much, I think we'd just assume they find a whole new dispatch office. In other words, mass resignation.

SKC, if this day comes, I'll send a PM to let you know a couple of days in advance.

I've never talked with a more disgruntled group of people in my life and I was a Navy E-5 on a ship supervising a group of E-1 to E-4's.

Just got my packet from the union. I GET A WOPPING .68% RAISE. Then I'm supposed to give the union 2% or what ever they take from us. This after a year and a half of no raises or bounus. VOTING NO!!!!!!!!

Dispatchers,
-still only get paid for 8 hrs holiday
-would aggree to sit reserve for no pay unless they are called in
-loose flexability in taking vacation time.
-sick pay, if the contract passes, cut to 75%

Supervisors
-The only thing thats changing for them is an additional 2 on call days a month.

Why are we going to pay this union?

'Kay...now what?

Let's say you guys vote TWU off the property...

...then your management imposes the exact terms of the T/A. (Aint nothing to stop them at that point, right?)

Rut Row!

Who ya gonna call?

(cue music) "It's the cir-cle of liiiiiiiiiiiife!"

'Kay...now what?

Let's say you guys vote TWU off the property...

...then your management imposes the exact terms of the T/A. (Aint nothing to stop them at that point, right?)

Rut Row!

Who ya gonna call?

(cue music) "It's the cir-cle of liiiiiiiiiiiife!"

Sounds like the guys that voted in the union and hauled arse just left you guys in one heckuva pickle.

Last edited:
Start with where you left off. You've got a rejected T/A that contained terms you can use as a starting point. Since TWU is still your bargaining agent you'll need to work on them.

Learn the structure and the ByLaws of the TWU...then get busy.

Or, sit around and complain about it.

Back in the Fall of 2002 the dispatchers at American Eagle/Executive did that - a shift-long sick out and management had to whack like 30+ flights due to inadequate staffing; and the rule at the time was that an EGF domestic dispatcher couldnt touch a caribbean flight, and vice versa. Within hours the Union website (TWU by the way) had a nasty-gram that all scheduled dispatchers had to report to work as scheduled, and that further invocations of "self-help" we're illegal under the RLA and could subject the union to sanctions.

But I agree, as long as nothing is coordinated - who's to say you all didnt get sick eating the fish, and put the screws to the bastiges!

And I would vote HELL NO just on principle, especially if the manager at Blockbuster would beat me on pay...

I wouldn't go the sick out way. All I can say is NOTAMS. Dispatchers have to become familiar with all of them for planning the flight. It could become a safety issue if you don't revue them for EACH AND EVERY flight. If management says you are slowing down point to the FAR's and tell them to complain to the FAA. Just a thought.

Start with where you left off. You've got a rejected T/A that contained terms you can use as a starting point. Since TWU is still your bargaining agent you'll need to work on them.

Learn the structure and the ByLaws of the TWU...then get busy.

Or, sit around and complain about it.

Good starting pont. I'd also add to that. Re-evaluate you're union steward. See if you can switch locals. (warning - some might actually be worse, not better than you currently are in.)

Research other dispatcher's contracts and see what you like and don't like. Compare pay scales. Make a laundry list of what you want, and most importantly stay unified.

Latest resources

Back