• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It was the same at Air Wisconsin. We voted at one of two presentation meetings. They had the contract ready for us to read at the presentation.

So you never got to read the contract before the meeting? They presented it to you and then you voted on whether or not to ratify it right there on the spot?

I may be blowing this way out of proportion but I have a problem on voting on a contract that I see and hear about from the union at one meeting.

Totally Worthless Union.... Why not have a vote to get them out, if all the supporters are gone?

Totally Worthless Union.... Why not have a vote to get them out, if all the supporters are gone?

We're looking into this.

To be more precise, they are looking into this. I don't know if I'm going back to that office. To me it seems like our management could care less about us and it seems like the teewoo just wants our money.

Sixteen years in aviation. I've had it.

Hey! Any other TWU dispatchers here?

If so...jump in here and pony-up some gouge!

Get the PM's flying to get some info to these guys about how things are done at your place. Be ready to provide some contract data so these guys can be better prepared to vote on their deal.*

*This assumes you would like to see dispatchers getting better deals in the future. The best way to do that is to start getting good deals now...and rejecting bad ones.

Hey! Any other TWU dispatchers here?

If so...jump in here and pony-up some gouge!

Get the PM's flying to get some info to these guys about how things are done at your place. Be ready to provide some contract data so these guys can be better prepared to vote on their deal.*

*This assumes you would like to see dispatchers getting better deals in the future. The best way to do that is to start getting good deals now...and rejecting bad ones.

And there is the rub. We have no idea if it's a good deal or a bad one that needs rejecting. They expect us to vote on it during the same meeting that we get a first view of the TA. No time to read the entire thing and understand what's in it. Just listen to the pep rally and vote. They must really want to start taking our money and think if we actualy read the aggreement we will vote it down. Or maybe they just don't want to let us talk about it with each other.

And there is the rub. We have no idea if it's a good deal or a bad one that needs rejecting. They expect us to vote on it during the same meeting that we get a first view of the TA. No time to read the entire thing and understand what's in it. Just listen to the pep rally and vote. They must really want to start taking our money and think if we actualy read the aggreement we will vote it down. Or maybe they just don't want to let us talk about it with each other.

Sounds screwy to me.

Unless it's a 20-page pamphlet on pay rates and hours-of-service, it would have to be pretty basic and Marine-proof (simple and with pictures!) for me to feel good about doing it that way.

It was the same at Air Wisconsin. We voted at one of two presentation meetings. They had the contract ready for us to read at the presentation.
So were you guys satisfied with the presentation? When I asked our shop steward for more info on why they chose to handle it this way he said it is out of his hands. Any more info would be much appreciated!

So were you guys satisfied with the presentation? When I asked our shop steward for more info on why they chose to handle it this way he said it is out of his hands. Any more info would be much appreciated!

Just out curiousity, does ALPA or any other union hand out a contract at a meeting and say "here it is, vote on it."

I'm not satisfied with this kind of presentation. If this contract is going to affect me for six years (if I'm even here that much longer) I want to look the contract over even if "the language isn't complete". I can read english and usually get through the legal jargon too. Surely these people have read a FAR before.

Just out curiousity, does ALPA or any other union hand out a contract at a meeting and say "here it is, vote on it."

I'm not satisfied with this kind of presentation. If this contract is going to affect me for six years (if I'm even here that much longer) I want to look the contract over even if "the language isn't complete". I can read english and usually get through the legal jargon too. Surely these people have read a FAR before.
He also said that they want it to go in effect Feb 1.... screw one more month it has already taken 17! I do not want a contract shoved down my throat! If they were really worried about people understanding the terms of the contract they would give us more time to digest it, not come down here throw it in our faces and stop by the payroll department on the way out to start garnishing paychecks. I would be happy if they gave us a week after the meetings to vote... is that so much to ask???

If they won't let us see the contract, please just vote no. We shouldn't have to make a decision at their road show.

Vote it down.

Latest resources

Back