• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Comercial Pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Trans States is hiring people with about 250 total and 15-20 multi...which makes me think that most of these guys dont even have 5 hours of Multi PIC...hmm Anyways TSA sucks and the closet base to you is RIC. If you are close to CLT then the commute wont be that bad as there are a few direct flights a day on US Airways...If you dont live close to CLT then STL might be a better choice of base because its typically an easier commute because of more "one leg" options.

I think PSA needs even more pilots than TSA does. I have a friend there that said that every day off they've had for the last 2 months that scheduling has called and tried to junior them. PSA has a CLT base and my guess is that pretty much any town with air service in NC would be a one leg commute to CLT. So I'd try for PSA if I were you.

i got some pop corn heeeeeeeeear pop corn, who wants pop corn

You guys easily forget that 135 cargo requires 1200 TT, 100 night, 500 XC point to point, 50 hrs instrument...Go fly with a regional so you can eventually fly single pilot cargo. Funny how the tides have changed eh?

Poor Ari Ben. Looks like lowtimers can get paid to build turbine multi these days.

Time is of the essence my friend. As much as I know I should say get your CFI and pay some dues, I'd get a tailwheel endorsement and fly banners instead. You'll make more money and build time much faster. Hard part is staying alive or unburned doing it.

Ok enough with "new guy" bashing. The regionals are going to hire guys with low time regardless of the workload on the poor captain. However I am 43 with life experience and the ability to make decisions, this is a little better than a 21 year old with the same flight experience. I am working on my CFI ticket but meanwhile if I can get hired and take advantage of the regionals need than why not. If you have some valid reasons not to than state them, don't just say you'll regret it if you join a regional with low hours. I don't see how having 1000 hours instructing makes the regional job any better. from what I read the new hire gets the same "crappy schedule" etc.. regardless of his hours when he is hired.

Get a backpack, ipod, and some hair gel and apply to PSA. With those hours I could use someone with high time to fly with.

I don't see how having 1000 hours instructing makes the regional job any better. from what I read the new hire gets the same "crappy schedule" etc.. regardless of his hours when he is hired.

You don't actually learn how to fly until you have instructed. You will learn more in even 250hrs of instructing than you did in your 300 hours of training. A 1000 hr CFI has had MANY students attempt to kill him, and that is the stuff that prepares you for the 121 world. Its called experience.

Ok enough with "new guy" bashing. The regionals are going to hire guys with low time regardless of the workload on the poor captain. However I am 43 with life experience and the ability to make decisions, this is a little better than a 21 year old with the same flight experience. I am working on my CFI ticket but meanwhile if I can get hired and take advantage of the regionals need than why not. If you have some valid reasons not to than state them, don't just say you'll regret it if you join a regional with low hours. I don't see how having 1000 hours instructing makes the regional job any better. from what I read the new hire gets the same "crappy schedule" etc.. regardless of his hours when he is hired.

You are right the airlines will hire low time guys without a care to workload they put on the capts. As far as being 43 making you better as a 21 year old with the same flight time I'm gonna say nope that doesnt matter. I might have had bad luck, but when I was a CFI the young guys and old guys screwed up just as much. Here are my top complaints about the new low time guys... 1 they cant talk on the radio....2 situational awareness sucks....3 they cant do a cross wind landing... 4 they dont hit the centerline when they land... 5 they seem cocky that they got in a jet with low time.... 6 they dont think about whats going on with the plane or flight... (ie crossing restrictions...or having a high sink rate during landing and going to idle at 20 ft cause the SOP says to instead of keeping some thrust in for a bit longer to get rid of the sink)... 7 this one goes back to 1 and 2 a bit...being so far behind the plane that I'm basically single pilot. I'd say those are my biggest complaints. If you can do all of those then go ahead and come on the regionals. If you cant do them then stay in GA until you can.

There is a big difference between being an aviator vs. someone who drives airplanes for a living...Time for a gut-check to see which of the two roads you choose to travel...

Latest resources

Back