New Comercial Pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

daviator28621

Yeah !!! I finally made it. Got my commercial sticker saturday. Now I am an unemployed commercial pilot.
Anyone who can help me land that first Regional I would sure appreciate it.
I am not a pilot mill graduate. I did it the hard way. I am 43 with lots of management experience, great personality, and now finally Commercial MEL Instrument. 300 Hrs Total with 58 Multi PIC , 1st class med.
I live in NC and would like to stay somewhat close if possible.

Thanks in advance

Yeah !!! I finally made it. Got my commercial sticker saturday. Now I am an unemployed commercial pilot.
Anyone who can help me land that first Regional I would sure appreciate it.
I am not a pilot mill graduate. I did it the hard way. I am 43 with lots of management experience, great personality, and now finally Commercial MEL Instrument. 300 Hrs Total with 58 Multi PIC , 1st class med.
I live in NC and would like to stay somewhat close if possible.

Thanks in advance

Incoming...

Great, go get your CFI, build a little time, go to a cargo carrier, get a little experience, then apply. You'll have experience and you'll be less of a burden on your Captain.

Apply to PSA, Piedmont, Mesa, ASA and Pinnacle. They are taking in people with a Comm Multi ticket. You should be able to get in.

If you have a commercial license and a pulse you meet the minimum requirements for any regional. But seriously, congratulation, I hear American Eagle is having some job fairs coming up the next few weeks. I think one of them is in Raleigh Durham. Good Luck.

How about getting some instructor certificates and putting that commercial to good use. You will thank yourself later.

If the regionals are hiring with a commercial certificate than go ahead.

I had a jumpseater on my plane last month, newhire regional FO and he had 600 and some change TT with 35 multi.

Its possible so do some research. Pick which regional you like the best <cough cough Republic Airways Holdings> :)

and apply.

Good Luck

And...there are TWO M's in Commercial. Oh, I recommend getting some real flying experience under your belt, but thats not a requirement. However, it will broaden your flying background before you move onto a "regional" airline. Lots of opportunities for flying besides being in the right-seat. Go fly skydivers, fly traffic reporting, instruct, get on with a 135 cargo outfit... ( I did all the above and enjoyed it) Any of the above will groom you with skills that will last a lifetime. Go to a regional at 300 hours and no real flying background and you'll regret it.

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

Latest resources

Back