• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NEW Colgan Memo... YGBFSM!!! WTF!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Regardless of circumstances in the scheduled domestic 121 world, if you are on duty for a minute more than 16 hours, you are wrong.

121.471b says:
(b) Except as provided in paragraph (c) of this section, no certificate holder conducting domestic operations may schedule a flight crewmember and no flight crewmember may accept an assignment for flight time during the 24 consecutive hours preceding the scheduled completion of any flight segment without a scheduled rest period during that 24 hours of at least the following:
Then it goes on to outline the normal rest of 9-11 hours dependent on flight time.

the exception in c says:
(c) A certificate holder may schedule a flight crewmember for less than the rest required in paragraph (b) of this section or may reduce a scheduled rest under the following conditions:
Then it goes on to outline reduced rest of 8-9 hours dependent on flight time.

Note that there is no case that allows flight with less than 8 hours rest in the last 24 hours making a de facto duty limit of 16 hours.

Last edited:
FWIW I am 99% sure that this is a proprietary memo. What that means is you can get in deep deep do do for having it up here. Just a word of caution.
Like most companies I am sure it is copyright protected et al.

Someone ought to be handing out copies of this memo to the people in line at Continental ticket counters nationwide.

Hi!

Yeah, the domestic -121 rules are very nice.

I have never flown using them, unfortunately for me. Still trying!!!
cliff
NBO

someone should send this memo to Fox or CNN and let them put thier spin on it.

Believe me... there are enough extremly PISSED OFF people around here.... it just might happen....

V1

Regardless of circumstances in the scheduled domestic 121 world, if you are on duty for a minute more than 16 hours, you are wrong.

Note that there is no case that allows flight with less than 8 hours rest in the last 24 hours making a de facto duty limit of 16 hours.

That's because you are looking at 121. If it's a Part 91 ferry to position for a 121 flight then these rules apply. If it's a tail end Part 91 they don't.

Believe me... there are enough extremly PISSED OFF people around here.... it just might happen....

V1

I already did and I don't even work there. Anyone have that memo from Christmas time when they threatened people for calling in sick? I think that one needs to be exposed also.

Latest resources

Back