• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Cargo Company

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why don't you look up Mr. Fred Smith in the phone book? Give hime a call and I am sure he'd love to deal with you!! :D
All you'll have to do is come up with a worldwide half-day delivery program! Thats right, you'd be flying the retired Concordes! :D

Funny thread, really!

waspe said:

About that girl in my class, I have learned to take a slow become friends first, and then move on. I am kindof glad too, this girl that was whicked hott, and was definately going for her, but I found out she does pot. I don't want, in my life. So I am still searching, Maybe I will try a Senior girl though.. there are some of those hotties in my class. So I think I will take your Advice Upndsky. =)

First off, only squares call it pot. Second, if weed is what makes her happy.......

waspe said:
Upndsky, I know exactly what I want to majior in and everything. Next year I will start my freshamn Year of college and Senior year of High School at the same time. Then I will begin my Bachelors degree in Physics and Finance. After I recen my Bachelors degree form Umass Amherst, I will attempt to get My Masters and PHD degree in Physics and Finance from Cambridge University England. If I can't get to Cambridge, I will find another one.
I don't know about your High School, but Amherst has standards of admission.

Applying to Amherst

We take great care to review every application thoroughly. Each is read by at least two admission deans before being presented to the Admission Committee for discussion. We pay closest attention to your:

* secondary school transcript;
* standardized tests: the SAT I and three SAT II exams OR simply the ACT;
* teacher and counselor recommendations;
* quality of writing as demonstrated in your essays, testing and recommendations;
* extra- and co-curricular involvements and talents.

As one might expect, Cambridge also has entrance standards. (By the way, most Americans don't realize Cambridge is not really a university in the sense that we usually expect. Rather, it is loose confederation of faculties, Colleges (31 in total), and other bodies that happen to be located in the town of Cambridge. )

Cambridge Graduate Studies Entry Requirements

All applicants are normally expected to hold or to be about to achieve:

* at least a 2i honours degree from a UK university
* an equivalent standard from an overseas university (in the US system a CGPA of at least 3.5/4 is normally required)
* a fluent command of the English Language (see below)
* completion of any current training or education course
* release from your current institution for the duration of your study (if you are coming to Cambridge as a visitor).

Some faculties and departments may require you to take other tests such as the GRE. Where this is required it will be stated clearly in the application information for each course.

Good luck. :)

All your packages belong to us

If you start an air cargo business, UPS and FedEx will squash you like a bug. The market share for cargo is already being handled by some pretty big players and they are BORG. You will be assimilated.

Tony C, Say for instance I went to a in state community college before hand, and did my freshman year, and got all a's and B's, would that hold a lot more weight then the tests. Also, You mean I have to take 1 SAT test and 3 SAT II tests?

WrightAvia, I understand , and that actually worries me. However, I think I have away around it. Also, Prices rule, If I can lower my prices to be lower or match fedex and UPS and still make a profit, I have a chance. I am not sure about Concordes or anything, but Half day shipping could be edg, if you can fix Concordes to be Freight instead of passenger.

However, you are right, But the only there would be no competion like that is if I created a whole new product, or modified the product just enough to get the markets interest.

I definately take this into deep consideration. There are probably still contracts to be made though, and if worst comes to worst, I can get hired to work my planes for Fed EX and Ups, until I get enough reputation and money to fly solo.

I agree with WrightAvia. Kid best of luck but you won't be able to start a company and compete with the big boys.[ I.e. UPS, FEDEX, DHL] They will put you out of buisness like walmart has done to all of the mom and pop stores. Your best bet is to find a new niche in the market or just invest your money and donate some to poor pilots like myself.

waspe said:
Tony C, Say for instance I went to a in state community college before hand, and did my freshman year, and got all a's and B's, would that hold a lot more weight then the tests. Also, You mean I have to take 1 SAT test and 3 SAT II tests?
waspe,

In the first place, and to answer your question directly, NO. The admission standards at a quality university such as Amherst will not be relaxed because you are able to do well at a community college. (Yikes. Did I just say "well"? I dare say, a "B" at a community college would scarcely be considered "doing well" in the eyes of Amherst.)

In the second place, if you are really about to begin your senior year in high school, and you have aspirations of attending a college, you shouldn't have to seek advice on admissions from THIS forum.

In the third place, and to be less subtle in making the point I attempted to make in my previous post, you need to learn our language to be taken seriously. Yes, you have to learn to spell. Yes, you have to learn and apply the conventions of grammar and punctuation. If the quality of your essays and tests are anything like the quality of your posts, you should expect to never progress beyond that community college. Your posts are replete with spelling and grammar errors, and I really don't have the time or inclination to point them out. Suffice it to say, you need to forget about cargo for a while and work on English.

I have a business model that simply bypasses the entire cargo system.

We all become agrarian syndicates, and shun the burdensome allure* of worldly goods and services... thereby rendering all cargo business models moot. I feel that you should give me the $400,000,000 e13 for this idea, which is a sum that apparently is attainable via a bake sale on your planet.

Concordes?

Seriously- if you really want to break into the game, you can't play by the big boys' rules- you have to well and truly change something fundamentally. For example, price-wars are self limiting; they are more of a short term gimmick than a contingency for a business model. You'll have to come up with a genuinely fresh paradigm.

*I spelled this "alllure" originally. I'm a 'tard.

Last edited:
Couple of Questions?

Waspe,

Somebody with pockets as deep as yours would never consult a bunch of guys foaming at the mouth for "perverbial carrot," you are offering/advertising.
Secondly how did you find this site? And what were your first 2 choices, because I know this wasn't #1...if it was then you will never make it.
Pilot's view very seldom coincide with Upper Level Managements....we will work with you,...but c'mon; if you want advice....I figure a minutes worth of your time is worth around $1,500-$3,000 bucks! Why not conspire with a specialized, gung ho penny pinching group that will make you Fred Smith wettest dream 25 years down the line.
I really don't think anyone buys this line of BS....if they do their penny was definitely wasted!
Guys I would never bash somebody that was obviously oblivious to certain aspects...and truly trying to understand and become somewhat competent about this industry...but some part of our pathetic managing buttons...barely keeping current lives has to scream out..."Something doesn't add up!"

Skeptic

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back