• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Cargo Company

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gotta tell you guys and gals, I think we're going for a ride here. If we're not going for a ride, then good luck to ya' kid, you've got some good ambition, but maybe a little too much business sense for a 16 year old. I'm still not buying.

box :D

Seriously guys, I am 16 years old. I get the Wall Street Journal and Finacial Times, they were free for a certian period of time. Ever since like 9th grade (I am in 11th now), I have been thinking of ideas for businesses, with a few friends from school.

I just need some information. The best place to come to the people that know the stuff. By the way Fearless Freep, I am going to library tommarrow, but they don't have a lot of books in the libraries in Western Mass, I will probably need to do Inter Library Loan or something.

Also.. Anything I can post that wil prove I am not a terrorist, and therefore help me get some anwsers to my questions, I will gladly do. I honestly, am here to learn about how Air Freight companies work, and stuff.. so I can build my own, if It turns out I find a way to, Scouts Honor (I really am a Boy Scout).

I dont mean this in a demeaning way, but head on over to airliners.net. That crowd is probably more up your alley at this point. If you are a 16 year old then have fun with your business model. In time you'll grow out of it, and realise why you are getting a hard time on here, but until then enjoy your dream and you might even learn a little about the aviation business. You may find some intersting infor on Aviation Internation News' website. I dont remember their URL, but do a search, you'll find it.

If you aren't a 16 year old, then you seriously need to get a life.

Waspe,
You need to talk to CitationKid, the two of you could make a good team....you take care of the $$$, with CK as your chief pilot.

Good luck:)

Haha vortex, I just looked up who he was, and read a few post by him.. =)

Flywrite, I took your suggestion and went over to Airliners.net, but It seems like it really isn't that good. I rather get the really pilots here, to talk to, than those guys, they ask pretty stupid questions, that have no meaning.

I just don't get it though. I don't want to sound mean or anything...but are my questions that irrelevent, to Air Freight?

I just need to find a list of expenses and what exactly is needed, so I can figure out, how many millions it is going to cost, Then I get my team together and figure out how exactly we can defray costs, without cutting corners.

My last idea was to buy a Company, we actually could get more then enough money to buy the company, and make a profit on the first deal we would have done. Unfortunately the company seemed a tad fishy when we went to vist it. This was all legally as well.

Please, I just need the anwsers to my questions.. to get a better Idea of whats going on. Maybe one day I might hire you, and I don't even know it.

However, I aghree with Flywrite, If we can't firgure out how to get the money, It pretty much stops, or maybe we will try to scale it down, but I have an idea already to make the money, and I know if I go with like a C-17 and my own stuff, it could be upwards of 400,000,000 USD. Which will take about 3 years with idea to get that much, but my friends are good with this stuff so we might be able to cut that down.

I am going to library tomarrow anyway, so it really doesn't matter if you anwser my questions, I guess because I should anwser them all there, But it would be quite nice to get a book perspective and a Pilots perspective. Many things are different from what books say, you actually have to go out and try them out first to see what they are really like.

Last edited:
boxjockey said:
Gotta tell you guys and gals, I think we're going for a ride here. If we're not going for a ride, then good luck to ya' kid, you've got some good ambition, but maybe a little too much business sense for a 16 year old. I'm still not buying.

box :D

Thats what they said about Bill Gates. He discovered his interest in software and began programming computers at age 13.

Good Luck kid!!
:D

Last edited:
I normally don't bite for this kind of stuff but the wife's at work and there's nothing on tv, so...

There are no answers to your questions, kid, at least none you are going to find here. Take the cost of a hangar. There are hundreds, if not thousands of variables that will determine that: size, location (JFK vs some backwater airport), construction materials, land lease rates, the list goes on.

And to raise $400 million takes some business acumen, of which you have none. If you did, you would know that with few exceptions aviation companies have a history of losing money. In other words, if you somehow did come up with the cash, the LAST thing you'd want to do is invest it in a brand new air freight company.

Come back when you're about 6 to 10 years older and have some real life experiences and a college degree under your belt. Right now, you need to turn off your computer and try to figure out how you're going to score with that cute chick that's in your class.

I do agree with you. Airlines definately have history of not being so good. Tourism basicly rules the industry, and without people flying Airline makers have a rough time.. thats what is happening to Boeing now. However, since the early days of the United States we have been the shippers. It started with slow huge cargo boats, then to Fast lean big clippers, there will always be things to ship, and if I do own an Air Freight company, I will probably Pray every day, to computer makers in india. They will allow me to ship lots of computer parts, and with the market constantly changing, this will allow me lots of business, shipping the newest computers. Also, I will not just work for the United states, I will be shipping things to Canada, and to other countries, there are million of things that need shipping, along with thousands of businesses that go along with the shipping aspect that can increase the value of the company and make us more economically stable. The best point would be, when my whole company can survive on every different branch of the company, and the extra special shipping generates the huge profit.

I do agree with about the passenger airplanes being not such a hot investment, because they can fluctuate so quickly, and you need fast money to keep up with the high maintence to cost ratio. I do think shipping is a suitable way to, and the United States DOES have a history of being the best and fastest shippers in the world (at least in this old book i read, about clippers).

06198, Once, I figure out my expense chart, and my group of friends finds it economically feasible, I will post the address. If we need to do modifications, we will see where it leads. It might not turn into a shipping company right away either. As mentioned before 400,000,000 USD happens to be some big bucks.

Upndsky, I know exactly what I want to majior in and everything. Next year I will start my freshamn Year of college and Senior year of High School at the same time. Then I will begin my Bachelors degree in Physics and Finance. After I recen my Bachelors degree form Umass Amherst, I will attempt to get My Masters and PHD degree in Physics and Finance from Cambridge University England. If I can't get to Cambridge, I will find another one.

About that girl in my class, I have learned to take a slow become friends first, and then move on. I am kindof glad too, this girl that was whicked hott, and was definately going for her, but I found out she does pot. I don't want, in my life. So I am still searching, Maybe I will try a Senior girl though.. there are some of those hotties in my class. So I think I will take your Advice Upndsky. =)

Last edited:
wow.

When I was 16 I was standing outside package stores trying to get someone to buy me and my buddies a case of beer so we could get some chiks drunk and hopefully touch some boobies.

guess there is a reason I am working for the trillion dollar companys, not running them.....

so sad.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back