• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New AT to SWA training plan out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Already done, you guys are done, but have fun poking the tiger, it will be fun to watch. And you'll get crap and like it, go Bronco's.

This is going to be such a train wreck...

Train wreck I won't be on!

Arbitrator? Sad when a group has to pin hope for a third party individual to give
them something they didn't put in an agreement to begin with. If Airtranwanted 717 protection they should have negotiated it. Which begs the question: why did the AirTran guys not negotiate it or at least included reopen language?

I tried.

Myself and Jack M were overruled by majority vote of the MC and NC and we spent our time working on other issues. I've mentioned that before, the thought at the time by the other MC/NC members was that there was little likelihood SWA could find a buyer for ALL the jets by 1/1/15.

The idea of a sub-lease never occurred to us because it would have triggered the pilots to go with it and M/B integration with the airline the planes were being transferred to. Also didn't occur to us that, outside of bankruptcy, SWA management would get around THAT language, too.

In the end, SWA management has pretty much ignored every signed document they wanted and challenged us to make them adhere to it and, again and again, we've proven that we either cannot or will not. Still working on finding my "happy place" after the fact... usually that involves working as absolutely little as possible these days and just enjoying my family.

Lear,

Which is it? The 717's going away was never contemplated or it was contemplated by your MC and just wasn't appropriately addressed because "there was little likelyhood that SWA could find a buyer?"

Lear,

Which is it? The 717's going away was never contemplated or it was contemplated by your MC and just wasn't appropriately addressed because "there was little likelyhood that SWA could find a buyer?"
You're twisting what I said.

I said they made verbal assurances, both in negotiations and at road shows, that in NO event was the 717 going away before Operational Integration was complete, and also said, in all likelihood, they wouldn't go away at all before their leases were up.

I also said we discussed it and, after they threatened to reneg on the Process Agreement 6.A, I felt uncomfortable not having EVERY, SINGLE, LITTLE thing we verbally agreed to in writing (like not paying for uniforms, our pilots who reach mandatory retirement before they transition retaining pass privileges in retirement, not paying for our type, etc). However, except for this one piece, Southwest has honored ALL of those verbal agreements from negotiations that weren't in writing.

Just because we didn't nail every single thing down in writing doesn't mean Southwest didn't commit to it. In point of fact, there are SEVERAL things that were verbally committed to that Southwest has added by side letter AFTER the fact, thus honoring their agreement.

As such, don't try to sell people on the idea that they never made promises verbally that weren't in writing and that just because things aren't in writing, they will never honor them when, in fact, they have and do. Unfortunately, they're not with this one and it's a big one.

Swa said I would upgrade in seven years and be a millionaire too. Uhm, at six plus I have a couple thousand pilots ahead of me to upgrade, and I just hit about 1/5 of the way to a million. I guess we will see how cheap or expensive talk is for SWA in reference to AAI. Good luck, just not at Swa pilots expense.

I thought we were all on the same team. Huh.

We're only on the same team if it's remotely beneficial for them.

I don't know why anyone responds to scoreboard's drivel. Nobody but a flamebaiter would wish for another pilot to be furloughed, no matter which name is on the side of the airplane.

If damages such as CP retention slots or pay protections were given to former AAI pilots by SWA...SWAPA would go after SWA for breach of contract... Maybe that is why SWA could/would not
Settle with the AAI pilots regarding the sub lease of the 717s?

So the arguement is going to be on 'intent'?

You had plenty of time to put that in writing and it wasn't done. It's not in the agreement. Definitely an uphill battle when a company has a business to run...and decisions to be made accordingly.

Latest resources

Back