• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New ASA/XJT JCBA rumor....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Our MEC is stable and provides good representation for our pilots.

We have not changed MEC Chairmen 4 times since the announcement of the merger, multiple changes in voting members, and almost a complete turnover in the JNC. But who's counting? And what happened to you?

Derelict? Really? Maybe, you should google the word! And please, make intellectual arguments based on facts, and not juvenile name calling! It's so unbecoming of you!

You still have not proved me wrong. Show me the communications from your MEC that say otherwise. Maybe the reason you can't is because I'm right. Your MEC derelict!

I don't know for sure, but if I seem to recall the bulk ASA's flying was locked up long term with the sale of ASA to SKYW. I think the 6 that left were on an additional, shorter term contract.

In any case, the "you were heading for bankruptcy" vs "you were about to be decimated by DL" debate is getting very old. There is way too much pride on both sides.

How many more are on short term contracts? My understanding is that they were on short term contract because the original head lease on those aircraft expired and management was able to keep them flying on short term contracts. So the question is, what are the expiration dates on the other head leases?

WTF does it matter if he is number 1 or 1600. your arguments lack merit with the educated population because you cannot spell argument

Good catch on my spelling error. However, I'm not trying to make any arguments. I'm only trying to figure out why one PBS system is better than another. If we're all honest about why we are so passionate about this issue it's because we are afraid of losing what we have. That's why many of these posts are full of emotion and not based on facts and fact finding. If we knew Speedtape's seniority it may give us more insight into why he/she is so passionate about your current PBS. I can be honest about the fact that as a junior line holder at Xjt I believe I will lose qol by going with any PBS but our senior pilots will gain qol.

Good catch on my spelling error. However, I'm not trying to make any arguments. I'm only trying to figure out why one PBS system is better than another. If we're all honest about why we are so passionate about this issue it's because we are afraid of losing what we have. That's why many of these posts are full of emotion and not based on facts and fact finding. If we knew Speedtape's seniority it may give us more insight into why he/she is so passionate about your current PBS. I can be honest about the fact that as a junior line holder at Xjt I believe I will lose qol by going with any PBS but our senior pilots will gain qol.

it comes down to experience... PBS experience.. life experience and common sense. there is absolutely no way I am taking something as important as quality of life/schedule and placing it in the hands of a system that has never been truly tested, has no customers and has a HUGE unknown. Why in all creation would anyone in their right mind even consider this is mind boggling. We know the details of Flica. we have experience with Flica, we like flica. Other airlines want our system, other airlines meet with us to get ideas. if you want to tweak it, fine, but this whole non sense if trying an entirely new UNTESTED system is just nutz. If you guys want to be the guinea pigs, knock yourselves out.

it comes down to experience... PBS experience.. life experience and common sense. there is absolutely no way I am taking something as important as quality of life/schedule and placing it in the hands of a system that has never been truly tested, has no customers and has a HUGE unknown. Why in all creation would anyone in their right mind even consider this is mind boggling. We know the details of Flica. we have experience with Flica, we like flica. Other airlines want our system, other airlines meet with us to get ideas. if you want to tweak it, fine, but this whole non sense if trying an entirely new UNTESTED system is just nutz. If you guys want to be the guinea pigs, knock yourselves out.

Thank you for your response. Maybe it would be helpful to know the seniority of all those who post a pro/con about PBS. I haven't spoken with anyone junior at ASA who has tried to promote your PBS yet. So enuff and speed, what % are you bidding at ASA?

Can we run a couple solutions in tandem, see the quality of life awarded over a good sample of previous bids, settle on the best, improve it and start arguing over something like seniority?

Can we run a couple solutions in tandem, see the quality of life awarded over a good sample of previous bids, settle on the best, improve it and start arguing over something like seniority?

no because "a couple" solutions never works...

you have a PBS that 99% of ASA pilots like. Line bidding is dead. why not Tweak the PBS system you have vs open pandoras box.

Now, if the new system actually had real world experience then you could say run in tandem. But it it doesn't... and there is a reason.... because it is a TERRIBLE system

Hey, I understand the fear of a new company and new system. Which is why we recommended that it not be implemented until after a year or two of use in our phase II. Alas, we're at where we're at. So we can bicker all day long or you can take some time to see the system we're proposing and help us make it the best possible.

mcpickle, what is it that smartpref does better than flightline? Specifically, why isn't flightline acceptable to the XJT side.

Thank you for your response. Maybe it would be helpful to know the seniority of all those who post a pro/con about PBS. I haven't spoken with anyone junior at ASA who has tried to promote your PBS yet. So enuff and speed, what % are you bidding at ASA?

I've been on reserve at ASA for forever, so I have great experience with juniority. Without much of a personal dog in the fight (yet), and just reading the arguments on both sides here, I have to agree with the rest of the ASA guys, that the current system seems fairly stable, and experimenting with an unused, unwanted, untested, somewhat unexplained, practically unsupported product would be extremely risky and foolish. It appears to me that the XJT guys mainly are looking for any way to drag their feet, in order to keep their current line-bidding for as long as possible. That seems pretty short-sighted to me.

Hey, I understand the fear of a new company and new system. Which is why we recommended that it not be implemented until after a year or two of use in our phase II.

I rest my case--this is all about delay, nothing more. Seriously, a year or two of dual bidding?!?

Not only would that be a huge PITA, our (much shorter) dual bidding period proved mostly useless, not to mention that the whole point of transitioning from line-bidding to PBS is to save the company some money. And whether we like it or not, our company's costs ARE important to our future survival.

Latest resources

Back