• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New ASA/XJT JCBA rumor....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, I guess you can make all the conspiracy theories you want. The proof is in the pudding. Pilot satisfaction with a known product and 17 months of bidding speaks for itself.

On the other hand, since you brought it up, how does one man's word about a system that has no customers in over 6 years of existence carry enough weight to jeopardize the QOL of potentially 4300 pilots and 2300 flight attendants. His research and the the results is on a system that does is not currently run in real operation. He has had problems with it even in a limited test environment. What does he know that every other airline that has looked at this system did not know? What is his motive and what is he protecting?

There have been many pilots involved with the research on our side--not one or two. They have all come to the same conclusion.

There is no tangible Company for this product. It has no other products and it has no current ability to support the product. If any, it has only one employee--the salesman. It has no corporate office that can be associated with the Company. The owner appears to be in retirement and lives in Europe.

You say you have reports and research? Where are the other airlines customers that have much more expertise in research than any pilot? What makes you so right and everyone else wrong? You are endorsing this product that may not work and if so may be no better than what they have at Continental. Are you ready to spend your career in exile when this FLOPS?

Mr. MCKPICKLE, at least a snake oil salesman had a covered wagon with his Brand on the side and a few horses. Unfortunately, they moved around too and had no accountability. Their scheme was not based on building repeat customers. Sell the product, and move on! When they covered the market, they didn't make repeat calls. They created a new product so they could start over.

We all want a proven product, with a proven Company, with proven support, with solid financial roots and that will be around! Software companies come and go every day. Yes, we want a Company that is established and will be around, because most of us will be around and we will have to live with a bidding system for years to come. So, we want a known quantity and something that is proven and predictable. Quite frankly, we don't want to go through the PBS HELL that Comair and Continental goes through. We don't want to have to negotiate for a new system every new contract because it does not work.

What is it that you know that many other Companies didn't that examined this product over the last 6 years? We want a Honda that is proven, not a Yugo with a 25 year warranty because it doesn't work--and probably want last 6 months, much less be around for years to come.

Nevermind. You won't listen to anything I have to say anyway so I'm not even going to bother. Hopefully you'll be open minded enough to actually view the product someday. Just keep in mind that 2/3 of this company will not be using your system. So lets just move on, shall we?

Last edited:
How about the purchasing company(ASA) tells the aquired company(legacy xjet) to stuff it and take what you get.
I'm tired of all the BS...your lucky to be here. Be reasonable and lets get this s#$t taken care of.

How about the purchasing company(ASA) tells the aquired company(legacy xjet) to stuff it and take what you get.
I'm tired of all the BS...your lucky to be here. Be reasonable and lets get this s#$t taken care of.

Here we go again. A "purchasing" company usually has things like assets and cash. Kinda hard to do when you haven't made any money in how long? Maybe you "purchased" us because you were headed downriver to a water fall and threw out your anchor and snagged onto us to slow your painful and inevitable demise. Quiz time....which group is slatted to lose 100 50 seat a/c in 2 years? Oh ya....the "purchasing" company.

If one of us were heading for the bottom of the lake, it wasn't ASA....your welcome for being pulled up into a company with a future, regardless of DALs TA(of which no one on this board really knows anything about, including myself).
We would probably have a contract if the XJET guys weren't so damn hard headed.
Hell, ASA should have been stapled to DAL long ago so we wouldn't have to deal with this garbage now.

Your airline was going to be decimated by being forced to be the 2nd lowest DCI carrier. ASA needed a dance partner to merge with in order to create synergy savings. The last thing Inc was going to do was to merge Skywest with ASA. That's where XJT comes into the picture. XJT was getting flying from UAX and was negotiating a CPA with USAir for flying out of phx.
I know he egged you on, but this is complete speculation at the moment. Nothing is slated to happen yet.

When do the leases/CPA expire on the 200s? Didn't you just lose 6 recently that had expired? Maybe he is talking about that and not the DAL TA.

If one of us were heading for the bottom of the lake, it wasn't ASA....your welcome for being pulled up into a company with a future, regardless of DALs TA(of which no one on this board really knows anything about, including myself).
We would probably have a contract if the XJET guys weren't so damn hard headed.
Hell, ASA should have been stapled to DAL long ago so we wouldn't have to deal with this garbage now.

It's not the XJT MEC who was dragging their feet when management said they wanted a TA in 90 days. It's not the XJT MEC who has not moved from their original bidding system position. It's not
the XJT MEC who is hard headed. Your guys won't even give smartpref an honest look!

Your MEC is derelict.

Last edited:
When do the leases/CPA expire on the 200s? Didn't you just lose 6 recently that had expired? Maybe he is talking about that and not the DAL TA..

I don't know for sure, but if I seem to recall the bulk ASA's flying was locked up long term with the sale of ASA to SKYW. I think the 6 that left were on an additional, shorter term contract.

In any case, the "you were heading for bankruptcy" vs "you were about to be decimated by DL" debate is getting very old. There is way too much pride on both sides.

Nevermind. You won't listen to anything I have to say anyway so I'm not even going to bother. Hopefully you'll be open minded enough to actually view the product someday. Just keep in mind that 2/3 of this company will not be using your system. So lets just move on, shall we?

So, they will be using a system that has no other customers, that can not be guaranteed to work, that globalizes, and has no rules, and has no support?

You are assuming that those 2/3's are going to buy your snake oil! I'm not sure that that will be the case.

I will defend a system that works, that has other customers, with a company that has the ability to support the product, with a Company that is established and financially sound, has a proven product that has provided pilot satisfaction for over a year, and has more than ONE employee!

You can move on, if you like, because you are not needed to achieve the goal of selecting an operating system that provides results! If you can't address my concerns and arguments, you will never be able to address them in the crew lounges! You are hawking a bidding system that utilizes globalizing logic, similar to that at Continental!

Answer the question MCKPICKLE: What have you discovered that no other Company did in reviewing this product over the last 6 years?

We don't want a Yugo!

Your airline was going to be decimated by being forced to be the 2nd lowest DCI carrier. ASA needed a dance partner to merge with in order to create synergy savings. The last thing Inc was going to do was to merge Skywest with ASA. That's where XJT comes into the picture. XJT was getting flying from UAX and was negotiating a CPA with USAir for flying out of phx.

When do the leases/CPA expire on the 200s? Didn't you just lose 6 recently that had expired? Maybe he is talking about that and not the DAL TA.

It's not the XJT MEC who was dragging their feet when management said they wanted a TA in 90 days. It's not the XJT MEC who has not moved from their original bidding system position. It's not
the XJT MEC who is hard headed. Your guys won't even give smartpref an honest look!

Your MEC is derelict.

You are spewing untruths! Stop it! Just because you can state it on this forum, does not make it true!

Latest resources

Back