New ALPA Message to USAirways Pilots pt 3

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Green:

As of Monday, I won't have a dog in this fight.....

I never said the East pilots were entitled to all the upgrades....I merely said that the East pilots are not making this stink for only a hundred upgrades, as GuppieDriver posted. I said perhaps a thousand or so would upgrade by delaying the implementation of the Nicolau award.

The fact that the AWA pilots are due positions and are not getting them is a function of the transition agreement and the joint contract, correct? The growth airplanes went on the East certificate, didn't they?

I don't think that was the intention, but is another unfortunate casualty of the holdup in a joint contract and the seniority integration. I don't blame you for not liking it, but as you always say, no West pilot is going to go East for an upgrade. If management had placed the growth airplanes on the West certificate, you would have received the growth.

If you think that an East pilot will sacrifice what is left of his career so other pilots will respect him afterwards, you will be sorely disappointed. As has been rehashed a dozen times already, when you have taken a 50% paycut, lost a pension, and now the only thing you have left is a few sunset years in the left seat making 40% less than you would have a few years ago and that gets taken away, there isn't much left to give a $hit about, let alone worry about gaining respect in the eyes of someone who benefits from the very thing you lost.

A350

Last edited:
Oh yes, and I believe those 3 growth 757's, actually became replacement aircraft. So uhmmm....what seats are owed the west??? (of course I could be wrong, but pretty sure they replaced 3-5 that are or have been returned to lessor..)

Fast:

I don't have to defend it.....

So basically your position on the seniority integration award is that AWA pilots were put in the places they were ahead of their more senior in terms of service counterparts out East because the deserve it? What did AWA pilots do to deserve the East coast upgrades/attrition?

They brought the attrition to the table. They brought the east coast and the international operation, things that AWA would have had to pay dearly to get, if they could do it at all. Yet according to the pilot neutrals and the arbitrator, you deserve that too?

A350

Fast:

I don't have to defend it.....

So basically your position on the seniority integration award is that AWA pilots were put in the places they were ahead of their more senior in terms of service counterparts out East because the deserve it? What did AWA pilots do to deserve the East coast upgrades/attrition?

They brought the attrition to the table. They brought the east coast and the international operation, things that AWA would have had to pay dearly to get, if they could do it at all. Yet according to the pilot neutrals and the arbitrator, you deserve that too?

A350

Nicolau answered all those questions you pose, end of story. Why don't you read it? I mean with your eyes and mind open, that is.

Last edited:
Green:

If you think that an East pilot will sacrifice what is left of his career so other pilots will respect him afterwards, you will be sorely disappointed. As has been rehashed a dozen times already, when you have taken a 50% paycut, lost a pension, and now the only thing you have left is a few sunset years in the left seat making 40% less than you would have a few years ago and that gets taken away, there isn't much left to give a $hit about, let alone worry about gaining respect in the eyes of someone who benefits from the very thing you lost.

A350

I couldn't agree with you more, which is exactly why east captains will vote yes on an ALPA contract that provides them with a modest pay increase even though it comes with the Nic. award.

When it comes to $1500+ more per month or the FO beside them upgrading... they'll pick the $ every time

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back