New Airtran Jetconnect?WTF

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Stop barking at regional pilots to set "industry leading contracts"

You all understand where I'm coming from with this?

I have no idea where you are coming from. Why in the world would a mainline pilot be "barking at" regional pilots to set an industry leading contract? It can directly benefit the mainline carrier's bottom line to have cheap feed (assuming they don't crash/embarrass the brand/etc.). There is no benefit to having a feeder with an "industry leading contract". If you have any doubt, look at how well Pinnacle performs for their partners yet they are nowhere near industry leading.

I have no idea where you are coming from. Why in the world would a mainline pilot be "barking at" regional pilots to set an industry leading contract? It can directly benefit the mainline carrier's bottom line to have cheap feed (assuming they don't crash/embarrass the brand/etc.). There is no benefit to having a feeder with an "industry leading contract". If you have any doubt, look at how well Pinnacle performs for their partners yet they are nowhere near industry leading.

I kick myself in the narss knowing that we're the laughing stock in the industry yet were in the high percentile for performance.

when i was at COEX in the late '90s, we were the launch customer for the emb145. Continental said that they were going to be used to build small markets so that the mainline aircraft could take over once the market matured. Within 6 months my commute went from 4 737/MD80's a day to 3 RJ's...... Sound familiar?

I think a STRIKE VOTE is in order....

Given the time that you guys have been in negotiations, the NC along with all the lawyers you can muster, should be emphatically appealing to the NMB for help. They should be asking for hyper mediation and up to and including a release. I don't know that any other U.S. airline has gone this long into negotiations. With Skywest in the picture the stakes just went up.

The type of management and their styles should be highlighted to help your case. The MEC needs to get with it before the train leaves the station. Once the first 70 seat airplane arrives, it's all downhill from there. I believe that by then you will be too late. At that point management may find a loophole to replace 717s with RJs. Or at the very least, a good portion of them.

Just remember, the same advice was given to the Midwest guys. To their demise, their MEC stood by and watched it all happen. Hoeksema came out smelling like roses. He'll never have to work another day in his life, what does he care. I think more could have been done. If your pilots aren't involved and on the MEC's butt, it's time to start. Your career may depend on it.

I'd like to know how the Skywest pilots feel about the possibility that we may end up on strike and them being told to fly struck work...and if they would, being non-union.
Nothing against the pilots of Skywest at this point, I know it was our management that made this decision, but I'm just curious how a non-union group would handle that situation.

I'd like to know how the Skywest pilots feel about the possibility that we may end up on strike and them being told to fly struck work...and if they would, being non-union.
Nothing against the pilots of Skywest at this point, I know it was our management that made this decision, but I'm just curious how a non-union group would handle that situation.

During the CMR strike, CMR passengers were rerouted on DAL, ASA, ACA, and other carriers...Some of CMR's jets were even flown by ASA....ALPA has already blown that one....Doesn't really have anything to do with whether or not they are union...Union carriers don't honor each other's picket lines.....

During the CMR strike, CMR passengers were rerouted on DAL, ASA, ACA, and other carriers...Some of CMR's jets were even flown by ASA....ALPA has already blown that one....Doesn't really have anything to do with whether or not they are union...Union carriers don't honor each other's picket lines.....
Alpa has nothing left to blow

Ummm, yes,,, they do.

Depending on how the striking carrier defines "struck work" and ALPA National sends the message on what the request of that struck work will be.

Sometimes they don't, sometimes they do. Depends on the carrier and the politics in motion at the time.

Latest resources

Back