• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Airtran Jetconnect?WTF

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
prediction: mesa pilots vote in 40% cut in payrates, work rule concessions to shift crj-200s to airtran.

prediction: mesa pilots vote in 40% cut in payrates, work rule concessions to shift crj-200s to airtran.

No. Sadly more like 200 more pilots gone by April 2010. But how does that even relate to this topic? How long is the contract for? I had read on APC that there was an amendable date in early 2010 where Air Tran could opt out of the deal. Any truth to that?

Last edited:
No. Sadly more like 200 more pilots gone by April 2010. But how does that even relate to this topic? How long is the contract for? I had read on APC that there was an amendable date in early 2010 where Air Tran could opt out of the deal. Any truth to that?

The contract will be for however long it takes to whipsaw and threaten the Airtran pilots into signing a crap contract after 5 years of talks OR a strike, In which case SkyWest will be used to fly the struck work.

Last edited:
I had read on APC that there was an amendable date in early 2010 where Air Tran could opt out of the deal. Any truth to that?

That is the SWAPA pilots won't allow RJ codeshare contengency plan in the event SWA pulls the trigger on AirTran.

The contract will be for however long it takes to whipsaw and threaten the Airtran pilots into signing a crap contract after 5 years of talks OR a strike, In which case SkyWest will be used to fly the struck work.

The really sad part is Skywest Pilots are excited because AirTran lacks scope and they are hoping to get bigger aircraft in the future to fly on behalf of AirTran. I actually had a Skywest Pilot say that to me while jumpseating on them. I almost $hit myself when I heard the captain say this. I can't think of a more crystal clear way to highlight the importance of scope. The threat contract flying and regional carriers pose to mainline jobs has never been more evident.

Latest resources

Back