• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New airline pilots on the radio

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are pros and cons either way. I like hearing the call sign, that way I know HOW MANY Cessnas are in the pattern. And pardon my ignorance, but when it comes to Cessnas, don't they all have one speed in the pattern? LOL!

Earlier post someone mentioned the Cessna Citation 10 jet, which is just a little bit faster than a C150 right? :rolleyes: :)

WTF Freebrd? You know that NOTHING is more important than GUARD! Do we need to send you to guard school in ATL?

What's next? Dispatcher posing to be a pilot?

Well yeah, of course you're correct but, they could still transmit TT on guard couldn't they? :beer:

There are pros and cons either way. I like hearing the call sign, that way I know HOW MANY Cessnas are in the pattern. And pardon my ignorance, but when it comes to Cessnas, don't they all have one speed in the pattern? LOL!

Personally- I'd rather hear "cessna skyhawk, midfield left downwind rwy24" & "Cessna 150 on left base rwy24".. than.. "Cessna N23456791x on left downwind" & "Cessna 983746KE on left base"

Diff'rent strokes diff'rent folks i guess...:D

--btw-- I'd think you'd figure your HOW MANY planes are there by listening for their location when reported

Personally- I'd rather hear "cessna skyhawk, midfield left downwind rwy24" & "Cessna 150 on left base rwy24".. than.. "Cessna N23456791x on left downwind" & "Cessna 983746KE on left base"

Diff'rent strokes diff'rent folks i guess...:D

--btw-- I'd think you'd figure your HOW MANY planes are there by listening for their location when reported

Back when I flight instructed it was common to use "Cessna" for se, "Twin Cessna" and "Citation".

The examples in the AIM use the aircraft model name and last 3 characters of the registration. Example: "Skyhawk 45L"

I would love to fly with all the uptight radio nazis and bring a bag of coal with me, I'd retire before 40 from all the diamonds they produced....boom!

Why are they nazis? I mean, it seems every time somebody expects a pilot to do their job right, someone is throwing out "nazi" at them.

And don't forget to add to the list the guys who thank ATC with every instruction.

The examples in the AIM use the aircraft model name and last 3 characters of the registration. Example: "Skyhawk 45L"

Bingo-- now doesn't that seem a bit more reasonable than saying "cessna N2398435EX" all the time? shorter on radio too

Gonna go back to planning my blitzkrieg and overall world domination...

Latest resources

Back