• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New AAI ALPA Strategy: Fire SWA Haters!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You just keep saying this Ty, and maybe you and your peeps will really believe it!

Your Vice Chair was just thrown under the bus as far as I can see. Your Chairman has involved himself in the SLI process, yet your Vice Chair is recalled for the same. Something doesn't add up. I hear your Chairman is next...but I'm sure that won't affect SLI at all either. Good Luck!

This is a good example of why SWA pilots should avoid talking about ATN71 business . . . . you just sound stupid.

So "we are ALPA" aka PCL148 was a hardcore arbitration dude?

The recalled pilot in question was the Vice Chairman at AirTran, but also holds a separate ALPA national position as EVP. That position continues.

So wait PCL- you're still a EVP at ALPA national even though you just got recalled?
And what about when you become a Swapa pilot?

This is a good example of why SWA pilots should avoid talking about ATN71 business . . . . you just sound stupid.

Why does he sound stupid? His analysis sounds pretty close to what I can figure out is happening from the cryptic releases we are getting from the union. I figure the only reason they have not recall LH yet is because theymade such a fuss early on that that was not their intent when they were attempting the recall of MH.

LH must go!!!!! :cartman:

LH must go!!!!! :cartman:

This is another example of why you guys sound stupid talking about ATN71 business.

Some of you think that LH is a hard-liner, which is pretty funny. I don't think you could find an AirTran pilot who thinks LH is a "hard-liner". Not a one.

The gripe most AAI pilots have with LH is that he is too much of a milquetoast, won't stand up to management, gives away side-letters etc. and, as an FO, has little regard for the concerns of Captains and senior FO's.

Most of you also don't know that LH was never elected to be a President (NPA) or Chairman (ALPA). He was the Vice President under the NPA, when the President stepped down. He was "interim" Chairman during our transition to ALPA, and the MEC kept him in there because they didn't want to replace him during our Contract Negotiations "end-game", which is where we were when the merger was announced.

But, hey, don't let this stop you from showing your asses. Feel free to tell us how to run our union . . . . after all, you guys were "hired, not acquired" and clearly possess vastly superior intellect to mere AirTran pilots. :laugh: Oh, yeah, and we got that great new contract with my awesome 8% pay raise because of the merger, not despite it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back