• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New AA Livery to be announced shortly

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys should find the second grader who designed it, take his lunch money, and stuff him in a locker.

It looks like an off brand box of tampons.

The more I see the new logo, the more I think they could fix this whole mess by having the new stylized Eagle logo enlarged to fit the entire tail. That stylized Eagle logo on the tail would be striking and go with the rest of the livery perfectly. Anyone at AA want to send that idea to your bosses?

Agreed. I had a similar thought.

original.jpg

To the people at the marketing firm that came up with this - they do know that the way they have the flag painted on the tail (when viewed from the right) is the wrong way to display the flag. Not to mention they have it altered with the white stripes (also wrong). Pretty disrespectful in my book.

video when viewed from right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-KD0PdI1Ek&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
The incredible thing about this ugly livery is that AA actually paid someone to come up with it... BUHUHUHAAAAa

To the people at the marketing firm that came up with this - they do know that the way they have the flag painted on the tail (when viewed from the right) is the wrong way to display the flag. Not to mention they have it altered with the white stripes (also wrong). Pretty disrespectful in my book.

video when viewed from right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-KD0PdI1Ek&feature=youtu.be

I'm afraid you are incorrect. Flag etiquette dictates that the union be forward with the stripes aft. The depiction on the right side of the tail is correct. Google pics of Air Force One and you'll see a "backwards" flag on the right side as well. Imagine the flag is on a flag pole and is flying freely as the aircraft moves forward.

The new American livery is still fugly though.

Who would choose this awful design..? It's cheap, tacky and amateurish to say the least. It made me wince when I saw it and I'm honestly surprised this was the best they could do. There are much, much classier designs out there, dreamed up by airline geeks on their PC's who were killing a few hours for fun.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back