• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New 1500 hour rule first affected

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No it won't. They were number two to begin with, and only then barely. I'd say they'd probably drop below number five with the HQ heading to Chicago and the reduction in line workers.

Houston’s Largest Employers

Home>Job Opportunities & Hiring Trends>Houston’s Largest Employers
1. Memorial Hermann Healthcare System*
19,500 employees
2. Continental Airlines, Inc.*
16,000 employees
3. The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center*
15,000 employees
4. ExxonMobil*
13,000 employees
5. Shell Oil Company*
13,000 employees

Red

Either you and your chart is wrong, or everything flop has been saying is made up figures and numbers.

It can't go both ways.

So who is correct?

PS. Flop please do not say this is the only figure that you lied about ,. It is the only one that was asked about .

That makes you 100% on the fibbing and doctoring up your figures .

Red

Either you and your chart is wrong, or everything flop has been saying is made up figures and numbers.

It can't go both ways.

So who is correct?

PS. Flop please do not say this is the only figure that you lied about ,. It is the only one that was asked about .

That makes you 100% on the fibbing and doctoring up your figures .

I covered myself guys. Read it carefully, I indicated we had been Houston's largest employer. Link:

http://m.prnewswire.com/news-releas...eadquarters-to-downtown-houston-75195142.html

Btw Number two in a city like Houston is still a pretty big deal.

Jobs and scope. Continental employees worked very hard to protect both. Every time SWA is excused from the rules or gets a handout, the effects get taken out us. I could understand if we were losing ground to SWA on a level playing field, but that is not the case. You can not beat us on a level playing field. Houston is a perfect example. We've been over this.

Common sense?! Where is the common sense in having two FIS in Houston? In building a 55 million dollar parking garage when you guys claim credit for building the "entire project?" (That's a full third of the entire cost). And where is common sense in the snake oil claims SWA made to get this done? 1.6 billion boost to Houston economy, 10,000 jobs (convenient number), and a $130 dollar ticket to Bogota!? Common sense would be to shut this down ASAP. You got this snuck by because one weak mayor felt snubbed.

I want one of you SWA guys to try to explain to me how you imagine you deserve space be made for you at the airports you want to fly to? Take San Salvador for instance. There is no gate space; It's maxed out. You believe you deserve to be shoehorned in and then turn around and tell TACA to build their own terminal if they want a fair shot at Hobby?
Nobody deserves space. You get it through negotiations, you know, like the ones UCAL failed at during the city council meetings.

Ucal worked very hard to protect scope and jobs? YGBFSM. How many mainline flights are accomplished by RJ subcontractors? United express has over 500 aircraft, that's almost 30% outsourcing to subcontractors. Some scope and job protection right there.

Im outta this thread. SLI tomorrow... So I'll have plenty of new problems. Revisiting this brought me up to speed on this thing more. Terminal costs have gone up for SWA. And SWA only has preferential scheduling and no rent on the four gates. Others can use them. Volaris and Interjet have raised a buttload of money and have bargain basement CASM. So it will be interesting to see how it goes when SWA opens a main artery to the network. IAH might look like it was a better choice in a few years.

Im outta this thread. SLI tomorrow... So I'll have plenty of new problems. Revisiting this brought me up to speed on this thing more. Terminal costs have gone up for SWA. And SWA only has preferential scheduling and no rent on the four gates. Others can use them. Volaris and Interjet have raised a buttload of money and have bargain basement CASM. So it will be interesting to see how it goes when SWA opens a main artery to the network. IAH might look like it was a better choice in a few years.

Flop, you appear to have the same selective memory as General Lee. IAH will NEVER be a better choice than Hobby for Southwest. Never. Remember being told numerous times? All of our passengers are at Hobby. That's why we wanted to do our international flying out of Hobby in the first place....and exactly why Unical tried to keep us from doing it--to prevent us from competing with them on a level playing field.

Bubba

Flopgut,

Bubba doesn't realize that Hobby's shorter runways limit SWA on where they can fly and the size of plane. But, Bubba don't care, Bubba mainly likes Corpus and Little Rock turns! He is all over those! Good for him!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back