Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't have a dog in this fight, but:

Tell me if this sounds familiar:

"You must accept these (lower/not much higher) pay rates so we can afford to buy these shiny new jets!"

"You must accept these (lower/not much higher) pay rates or we can't hire any more pilots - in fact, we'll have to furlough if you don't take this!"

Cue the way-back machine to the mid-1980s and look at American Airlines. These are the exact same arguments that management put in front of the pilot group over 20 years ago. Guess what - it worked, and the APA agreed to the first (and worst) B-scale. Yep, pilots flying the same aircraft for half the money of people hired one year before them.

The worst part? It took almost 20 years to get the B-scale completely eliminated from AA's contract, and in the meantime every other management group started screaming for the same thing.

Why is NJA throwing these same arguments out today? Because they WORK - on an uninformed pilot group. Fear is easy to spread - facts and courage are not.

What happens at NJA will be the benchmark for all future union openings/activity at other fractionals. If the NJA guys go down without a fight the FLOPs guys might as well just abandon everything now.

If the NJA guys stay strong then the dynaimcs of the frac world will have changed and the FLOPs guys will have more strength, which might give the CitationShares guys a reason, etc. How do you think the majors ever got to the point where everyone wanted to work for them? Continuous improvement, one contract at a time, that gave pilots at other carriers something to shoot for.

Granted, the situation at the majors is different now, but that's due to cash low. If your company is making money, you can negotiate with them.

Good luck to ALL the frac guys!!

wolfpackpilot said:
Yet another example of a baseless threat by someone who desires to take what is rightfully not theirs. Your fanciful dreams of yielding strength based upon your union power are doing nothing for your image.

As for an immature response which you so desperately desire from us NJI pilots, how’s this:

“Cathy, can you bring me up another cup of star bucks before dinner… thanks dear”

I would banter further, however I’m about to miss my tee time.

"Baseless threat by someone who desires to take what is not rightfully theirs."

Let me tell you sweetie, from someone who was there. (were you?) RTS told us straight forward, and with no question, that we would be flying the G's. Dont think that they dont know that. It is documented. If you think you are worth anything more to management than a tool for bargaining, you are a fool.

As for the rest, lets let the courts decide it out. By the way 2-0 for the pilots. Even if they wont comply................

CE750Driver said:
wolfpackpilot said:

Let me tell you sweetie, from someone who was there. (were you?) RTS told us straight forward, and with no question, that we would be flying the G's. Dont think that they dont know that. It is documented. If you think you are worth anything more to management than a tool for bargaining, you are a fool.

As for the rest, lets let the courts decide it out. By the way 2-0 for the pilots. Even if they wont comply................

You mean you've been lied to ??? Oh that changes everything. Suddenly what you're saying seems so much more respectable... :rolleyes:

If RTS told you that I guess you should have had your union scope it in your your CBA RIGHT THEN AND THERE... Otherwise, shame on you for falling for the carrot on a stick routine. Seems to me that there have been far too many rookie mistakes by the IBT to ever get it all straightened out now.

Last edited:
I hope they do furlough. It's one one two ways for manangement to recognise that they still have a Mom & Pop style operation. The other: grow up and get realistic.

h25b posted:

Seems to me that there have been far too many rookie mistakes by the IBT to ever get it all straightened out now.

I think this applies to former MECs.

Our new MEC has the experience and the huevos. I don't think you'll see rookie mistakes anymore.

If you don't believe me, just ask the geek squad (company moles that post here) how the company is doing in some of the LOA settlements since the first of the year.

Pilots-4
Management-0

Pilot 141, you say "Granted, the situation at the majors is different now, but that's due to cash (f)low. If your company is making money, you can negotiate with them." That's an awful big "if" isn't it? IS NetJets "making money"? Does this mean "if" Netjets is not making money you can not negotiate with them?

The truth is out there, but the MEC will never look at the books because they don't want to know/broadcast the reality. They don't care. For your union bosses, it's not about your pay.

I know, I know, "we don't care.....shut 'er down if it's not there"? Wouldn't it be prudent to check the books fellas? Maybe there's an untapped goldmine waiting for the taking. The "pay us anyway" philosphy has failed time and time again. How are those United pensions coming along? How about the exquisite crew food at Delta? I wonder what the NW mechanics are doing on this beautiful labor day? What irony---labor day---and they are not working.

Last edited:
pilot141 said:
I don't have a dog in this fight, but:

Tell me if this sounds familiar:

"You must accept these (lower/not much higher) pay rates so we can afford to buy these shiny new jets!"

"You must accept these (lower/not much higher) pay rates or we can't hire any more pilots - in fact, we'll have to furlough if you don't take this!"

Cue the way-back machine to the mid-1980s and look at American Airlines. These are the exact same arguments that management put in front of the pilot group over 20 years ago. Guess what - it worked, and the APA agreed to the first (and worst) B-scale. Yep, pilots flying the same aircraft for half the money of people hired one year before them.

The worst part? It took almost 20 years to get the B-scale completely eliminated from AA's contract, and in the meantime every other management group started screaming for the same thing.

Why is NJA throwing these same arguments out today? Because they WORK - on an uninformed pilot group. Fear is easy to spread - facts and courage are not.

What happens at NJA will be the benchmark for all future union openings/activity at other fractionals. If the NJA guys go down without a fight the FLOPs guys might as well just abandon everything now.
guys!!

Dont fool yourself there...

The fact that United and Delta had industry leading contracts did nothing to save them from having their lunch eaten by Southwest, JetBlue, Airtran, et al.

It doesnt matter what you have in your contract. If you are uncompetitive you will fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chupacabra
Bingo.

but I don't give a darn as long as he (Santulli) goes down with me...

GVFlyer said:
I hate to be the one to remind you, but Richard has already got all his money out. He got paid up front - he sold his company to Buffet, then Warren hired him back to run it.

GV

So if the union dupes succeed in shutting the company down, the only ones they're going to be hurting are the dispatchers and each other.

Clever.

Last edited:
SeaSpray said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chupacabra
Bingo.

but I don't give a darn as long as he (Santulli) goes down with me...

So if the union dupes succeed in shutting the company down, the only ones they're going to be hurting are the dispatchers and each other.

Clever.

Well we will see what Richard will do, won't we?

as some have pointed out ... this Furlough, cancel orders, and Unemployment stuff is all just FEAR and scare tactics right out of the Union Busters Firm playbook.

totally expected and anticipated. Couldn't you hire someone with an original idea with all that money "richard got upfront"?

I use to think he was a decent man who would not screw with peoples lives the way these 4+ yrs of delay and stall tactics have.

All they can do is use the same tired tactics used by airline managements for decades.

El Chupacabra said:
Well we will see what Richard will do, won't we?

as some have pointed out ... this Furlough, cancel orders, and Unemployment stuff is all just FEAR and scare tactics right out of the Union Busters Firm playbook.

totally expected and anticipated. Couldn't you hire someone with an original idea with all that money "richard got upfront"?

I use to think he was a decent man who would not screw with peoples lives the way these 4+ yrs of delay and stall tactics have.

All they can do is use the same tired tactics used by airline managements for decades.

First, let me say that I dont believe any of this at all.

But, let me play devil's advocate for a second....

You complain that management is using the same tired tactics used by airline managements for decades.

But what are you doing?

You are using the same tired tactics used by airline unions for decades.

So where will this get us?

In the same boat as the airlines.

Yes, that sounds desirable....:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back