Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets will be fine. No strike will occur.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RJL

Netjets will be fine. No strike will occur.

The National Mediation Board www.nmb.gov is still running the show. From what I understand from speaking with people who understand and are involved with the situation, the NMB won't give the plot's union the clearance it needs to legally strike anytime in the near future.

I believe that the pilot's deserve more. I also believe that numerous Netjets pilots are destroying the company's image with their customers, and that the damage will result in financial losses that decrease the company's ability to afford to give them what they want. I would never do any harm to my employer. Whether I am happy employee or not, "biting the hand that feeds me" never seems to make sense (especially when I work in a world with fewer and fewer "hands" to feed me).

I can't imagine that either side is happy right now. Both seem to want more money. Look at the all the airlines in recent years that have filed for bankruptcy and/or had to reduce pilot's wages in order to keep the show on the road. All I know is that I see customers walking away from Netjets due to their fear of “as strike.” Well now that the vote is public, more may leave. This is going to reduce the company’s ability to give you more money.

Netjets, the company, will be fine. I fear for the pilots. The company has been around for a long time, and will outlive many other companies that perform the same service. The pilots need to understand that acting professionally (to both the customers and others in our industry) is now more important than ever. I see faces in FBO’s and hotel lobby’s cringe or turn the other way when they learn a Netjets pilot is nearby. This can’t be good for anyone.

I also worry about the Netjets pilots who want to work elsewhere. If I was hiring at my company, I may worry that hiring a former Netjets pilot would mean that I am hiring a potential labor “troublemaker.”

I wish everyone the best on both sides. If something happened to Netjets success, it would affect all of us, mostly negatively. I just hope that both sides are realistic in what they want and need from the other. It is the only way this situation will ever come to an end.

Last edited:
This is hilarious!!! What planet does RJL live on? Hahahahahahaha

The strike is coming... Tick tock tick tock tick...

"I won't bit the hand that feeds me." What a freaking pus! Wow you need to stand up for yourself or you'll be eating shiiiit sandwichs all your life.

This must be Brigdeway Bob's cousin....Flamebait Frank.....I wonder if something similiar is going to show on the Company's Pravda web site soon.

No strike?

What will happen on friday night December 23, 2005 in Teterboro... when dozens of QS planes will be delayed waiting for line personel to load bags , vacuum planes, dump lavs, and restock planes... get ice coffee and papers.

because those are not pilot duties.

If I were management I would be hiring and training aircraft stock and cleaners in HPN TEB MCO PBI ASE MDW etc.. I don't think the FBO personnel could handle it.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or has everyone else become bored with with these Netjets threads....

$hit or get off the pot....Netjetswife needs that new car.

good grief

ultrarunner said:
Is it just me, or has everyone else become bored with with these Netjets threads....

$hit or get off the pot....Netjetswife needs that new car.

good grief

Here's a tip rocket scientist - skip the threads that have Netjets in the title. Do you need a checklist to scan this message board?

Ran across this article in the papers and could not help but think of you guys.
NOT Flamebaiting just ran across and thought I'd share.

Michael Russo, Hockey Journelist

Union learns its lesson late
Published July 17, 2005

"We Have Met the Enemy and He is Us."

That might be the title of one of the legendary Pogo comic books by Walt Kelly in the 1970s, but the NHL Players' Association should strip it across its Web site and adopt it as its new slogan.

It's hard to imagine how a union could so miscalculate a labor dispute and be its own means of destruction.

From underestimating the owners' resolve to overestimating just how long its own membership could stomach going without a paycheck, union head Bob Goodenow shamefully botched this from the beginning.

The result was the longest and most destructive labor dispute sprouting into the most unprecedented surrender by a union in North American professional sports.

The NHL wanted a salary cap? It got it. Linkage between salaries and revenues? Got it.

Limiting how much entry-level players can make, ability to take underperforming players to arbitration, capping what the highest-paid players can get, assuring aging veterans can no longer get long-term deals?

Got it. Got it. Got it. And got it!

In fact, maybe the biggest crosscheck to the union's face came when months ago the union offered a luxury tax-based system with a 24 percent salary rollback on each player.

The league loved that rollback idea. In fact, it loved it so much that it tossed away the luxury tax part and installed the rollback.

This week, NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman might as well go for Goodenow's lunch money.

Actually, it's unlikely we'll see much of Goodenow, who was reported to be cast aside in the end as his lieutenant, Ted Saskin, took over negotiations.

Goodenow deserves for schooling the league in the last collective bargaining agreement 11 years ago and presiding over a $1.5 million increase of the average NHL salary over that span to $1.8 million.

But players were getting 75 percent of a $2.1 billion business. Where this all went wrong for the union is Goodenow convinced 700 players that all 30 owners were liars and cheaters, that they were hiding money and claiming enormous losses.

With arenas half-full and the most irrelevant TV contract in professional sports for years, it didn't take an economics degree to realize that league losses were indeed mounting.

Yet when union leaders convinced players that the owners were cheaters and one of the most respected of economists, Arthur Levitt, who verified the league lost $273 million in 2003-04, was just a paid league chump, it sabotaged the process.

Players just never believed that owners would throw away a year or two or even three to overhaul the system.

And what did the players get for losing a year? Over $1.5 billion in lost salary. Oh, and better free agency.

Job well done.

Panthers opener

Problem is that the hand that feeds us has been biting US for quite some time. NJA can "do the right thing" anytime it chooses. Pilots take no pleasure in airing Santulli's dirty laundry.

And it doesn't matter how long a company has been around. Longevity means nothing when it comes to the survivability of a company.

The fact that the NMB can hold back the wishes of the pilots of NJA is a placebo blanket of security (if it makes one comfortable). So what if the NMB decides to put negotiations into a Recess. Big deal. Customer service will continue to suck tailpipe and Owners will continue to get pissed.

Leave the pilots in Recess. Let Rome burn. The Huns aren't so bad to have over for dinner.

Latest resources

Back