Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets will be fine. No strike will occur.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flyjetspeed posted:

With arenas half-full and the most irrelevant TV contract in professional sports for years, it didn't take an economics degree to realize that league losses were indeed mounting.

This was the players problem. Nobody was paying attention. A wee bit different from where we stand.

Players just never believed that owners would throw away a year or two or even three to overhaul the system.

I wonder if our owners would throw away a year or two of not getting to PBI in time for Easter? Or getting to ASE in time for the first snow? How bout missing the flexibility to cover vast areas for business?

I know I can withstand it longer than they can.

Many of the high paid hockey players could afford to work with no salary or benefits for an extended period of time. I can not. The job market is to tight to be playing games right now. I have experience, good skills and a clean record. But so do thousands of other pilots looking for the same jobs I am.

Hogprint said:
I wonder if our owners would throw away a year or two of not getting to PBI in time for Easter? Or getting to ASE in time for the first snow? How bout missing the flexibility to cover vast areas for business?

I know I can withstand it longer than they can.

Not to stir up an arguement, but rest assured the owners will still get to PBI and ASE whenever they want. When you have millions laying around, believe me you have options.

TailDraggerTed said:
Many of the high paid hockey players could afford to work with no salary or benefits for an extended period of time. I can not. The job market is to tight to be playing games right now. I have experience, good skills and a clean record. But so do thousands of other pilots looking for the same jobs I am.

Don't worry Ted. You will not have to worry about NO pay. The Teamsters will provide Strike Pay for all pilots who remain in good standing with the Union.

As far as benefits go it is best prior to a strike to have you and your family visit the doctor and the dentist and "top off your tank" regarding medical needs (for non-reoccuring needs).

After that there are many options available regarding health coverage depending on your individual household.

If you have any questions on how to prepare yourself and your family for a strike please visit the SPC main webpage at www.ibt1108.org for more information. There is an easy to follow checklist that may alleviate some of your concerns.

Any questions remining in your head regarding how you should prepare your family for a strike should be directed to your SPC or P2P rep.

No worries Ted. YOU are not the only one preparing for the storm. There are 2100 of us.

gunfyter said:
No strike?

What will happen on friday night December 23, 2005 in Teterboro... when dozens of QS planes will be delayed waiting for line personel to load bags , vacuum planes, dump lavs, and restock planes... get ice coffee and papers. Because those are not pilot duties.

Their services will no longer be required, and it will be legal. Gunfyter, I hope you are the first!

h25b said:
Not to stir up an arguement, but rest assured the owners will still get to PBI and ASE whenever they want. When you have millions laying around, believe me you have options.

I agree 100%. My point was they wont wait on NJA for an extended strike like the comparison to the hockey situation.

History has shown that there are cases where one side or the other just does a lousy job of understanding where the other side stands. Eastern Airlines, the Air Traffic Contollers, and NHL are good and viable examples.

The problem in this negotiation as I see it is that the union may well try and catch up on all areas in one giant leap. It is that "we are going ot cure the ills right now" attitiude. Rarely is that successful.

Basically Netjets is an arranger.They arrange the sale of an aircraft by bringing in more than one party and combining his purchase with another. They further arrange trips and pilot services.

As time has passed, the pilot group has become more militant and there is always the rah rah factor when everyone wants to show the big bad corporation management their perceived power. After the deal is done, some will even find themselves missing the conflict and the debate.

The strategy should be to make significant gains in as many areas as possible. It is also important that everyone expresses now only the ills but what they feel is the priority of each issue.

I remember one negotiation where we labored over the health care issue. It was substantial and from the company perspective, it would determine everything as the cost of that program would severely impact what raises could be achieved.

When we concluded the deal, I asked one of the participants if he would pay a company $75 an hour for a mechanic ( they were mechanics in a different industry) to fix his bathroom sink. He said that would be nuts. I pointed out under the contract we just did, our customers would be asked to pay that in year three.

Acutually the customers were never asked that, we closed the operation at the end of the second year. The customers we had would pay that charge, but, only for the really difficult warrantiable type work. They quit using us for anything easy.

Netjets has survived this far by providing value added services to customers at a cost not much greater than he can do himself. If that ever reverses?

Latest resources

Back