• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets vs majors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yikes! I guess Warren Buffett too! He's the shmuck that said those ignorant silly little words. I guess its time HE goes to back to school too, eh? Geesh, you try to teach someone something new and all they do is insult.

Good luck my brother, and stay away from NJA, you bring bad karma.

The majors or for that matter, the airlines are heartbreakers. As soon as someone in the middle east poots the airlines starts furloughing. The perfect line which I've seen numerous times is "they hire til they furlough and they furlough till they hire". For me that's too much of an emotional roller coaster. As for NetJets, an outstanding company that treats its employees with class and dignity.

As for travel benefits, flying non-rev or space avail is a pain in the butt. Don't try to go anywhere on holidays, or to europe over the summer, or Rome for Christmas or anything else like that. So to me, the travel benefits are a moot point. Also, on NetJets you get to earn so much freq. flyer mileage, why not burn the points and fly space positive? Do I sound bitter? Probably, but that's what eight years at the airlines and now on furlough have done to me.

beytzim, just a little apolopgy, my comment was a little harsh, but I could no sit and have you tell me that the DJ is inversly proportioned to the economy. Look, I know you think that Berkshire/Hathaway is somehow tide to Flight safety and NetJets but that is just not the case. BH is a hedge fund for rich people that is so secure because of its elite investments, Bonds government notes etc... It is Buffets own little bank that is a safe haven for cash. In no way is tied to FSI/ Net jets and as well as Helzberg Daimonds etc. etc.. Do you beleive the 2nd richest man on the planet would not sell you guys off at the blink of any eye. You guys in the frac bus, are in fantastic but hugely volatile positions, I sometimes think I wish I had went to the frac interview, then I remember the schedules you guys are on, truly not condusive for family life. The Average money is not much better than the regionals. None, the less, I still stand by my post, show me the financials and some financial believers, other than the owners and Ill put my money in your company. Ill look at any article any website that shows/proves that the fracs are not in trouble with a flailing economy and Ill be man enough to say I was wrong. Sir, trust me I know money, I dont kid or antagonize about it.;)

Yea Hellas

If you knew money as well as you said you did, you would not be flying a Saab for 14k a year. Go pick on the Flight Options board, as you might actually have a "soon to be bankrupt" point with them. In the mean time, have fun working your second job to pay the rent , as I am sure Warren Buffet does (also a financial wizzard like yourself)

rfus: Ill think about your words of wisdom next month as Im going to be in my 6500 sqft villa on the beach in europe. Complete with an SUV, Boat, Harley and jet skis. Your scathing review has corrected me and I have now seen that I can only aspire to be in such a great position as yourself.
...Oh yeah, its 43K per year in the Saab and Im buying Z06 vette with that money this year....Black if you were wondering..see ya
:cool:

Hey A--hole, I mean Hellas,
Dont get on this post and start insulting our industry. Beytzim made a comment and you disagreed with it, thats fine. DO NOT sit there from your pedestle far, far away in your perfect flying position which I am sure you will retire from and insult our industry. The fractional business is fledgling and certainly not perfect but those of us in it like it, love it and we are trying our best to make it the sort of place we would like to retire from. We certainly dont need people of your lower calibur with a chip so large on your shoulder that you are tilting telling us what is and isnt about our industry. I hope you never apply with NJA. Actually I hope you do apply so someone out there can knock that chip off. If you do happen to scamper by then the rest of us will get you!

This guy Hellas is full of S*#t. If he was so rich, he wouldn't be flying a Saab, but flying his own L-39 for kicks. He reminds me what everyone knows: he just insults others to make up for his own small anatomy.

My guess is he's a 17 year old kid who is working on his pilot's license and is getting a kick out of talking with us.

If I'm wrong, Hellas: The way to make friends and influence people is not to insult or condescend. As you know the aviation community is tightly knit, and this act doesn't impress anyone.

Starting Pay and Max Pay???

I just have a question for the NJA guys. I am a young/lower time pilot won't be ready for NJA until 203-204. I was just wondering what kind of bene's there are and what is the average starting pay and how much is the max pay for a Gulfstream Capt. I appreciate any help!!!

Latest resources

Back